Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A veritable kaiju of violet petals with black plum, raspberries, and indigo musk.

Oh, myyyyyyyyy. 😍

For those who are lament missing out on Random Brothel - or those among us that fell head over heels for it- here's something in a very similar wheelhouse. Despite the appearance of both black plum and raspberries, this is no fruity -or foodie- scent in any way. Rather, the inclusion of those notes act as grounding and sweetening, respectively, but it's all very behind-the-scenes. As a swoon fan of the Lab's Indigo Musk note, I knew this was one of the new Singularity that was a must-have for me, and it paid off in spades. The violet leaf is light, noticeable but not overt, so those that fear the potential for "soapiness" know that the concern should be kept to a minimum. Instead, the combination of the four elements smooths within minutes of drydown into a sophisticated, sweet, but not cloying, delicate blue musk. 

Low to medium throw, test a little to see how it reacts with your chemistry before you slather- this is not a scent you want to overdo, rather one that will be more enjoyable if you keep it close to you.

I was just grieving yesterday how Random Brothel will likely remain in the box now until the chilly days of autumn some back in about 7 months, but I think I found the perfect springtime replacement! ❤️ 

Honestly, I probably would have bought this just for the hippo on the label, but happily it also sounded good!

Wet, this is all violets. Sweet and nostalgic, and reminds me of a bath oil I had in Paris (that sounds fancy but it was a study abroad situation and is mostly memorable because the lid wasn't on tight enough for the flight home and I ended up with everything in my carry-on violet scented and oily. But I digress)

After just a few minutes on the skin the fruit comes out, and I would be hard put to name exactly what fruit but it's definitely purple and a bit tart, and balances the sweet flowers well.

Half a hour later, the fruit is gone and the violets are mostly a memory (did I wash this scarf after the Oil Incident? Surely I did) leaving a low, round, dark, slightly bitter musk. It stays pretty close to the skin, and if I reapply I get the sweet flowers and the tart fruit and the bitter musk all at the same time, which is lovely. I think this will age well.

A very purple scent. The violet note is the strongest. The plum is noticeable in the background, supporting the violet. I can't pick out the raspberry or the indigo musk. Whether by the plum alone, or with the help of raspberry, the scent as a real fruitiness to it. Overall, I would describe this as a purple scent. While violet dominates, the scent brings to mind more of a deeper purple. And, on me, this is slightly more of a fruity scent than a floral one.

Big, bold, jammy berry and candied violets or, more accurately, violet hard candy. The indigo musk comes through up close, but the throw is all purple candy. Very fun.

The notes in this blend together so harmoniously. Plum normally takes over alot of scents on me and is quite a dominating note for me, but I'm pleased that here it is present but not taking over the scent.

I've never tried the raspberry note before and I really like it. It is slightly tart, which blends well with the plum. The violet adds a soft floral element to a jammy, purple scent. The indigo musk is also really lovely here.

This has alot of throw on me and lasts a long time. I had some on the sweatshirt I was wearing and I can still smell it lingering after it had been washed. 

Edited by becca_s

Very violet, actually pretty similar to Bruised Violet.  I’m not getting any of the fruit, so not really any sweetness either.  The musk is an interesting addition, I’m not sure I’ve had indigo musk before.  I like it, of course, I have yet to find a violet I don’t like, but it’s definitely not my favorite.  The throw gets stronger as it warms up.  I think it will layer really well with something sweet and creamy!  I ended up putting a layer of Kiseru over this, and loved it!

If Laughy Taffy made a violet flavor, this would be it. Not very sophisticated, but very fun, Violet Behemoth packs a juicy wallop of PURPLE right up front, then retreats to the background after making his grand entrance. He's a far gentler giant that initial impressions imply. 

Though violet dominates, the fruits support the scent, aiding in its candy vibe, while indigo musk, a note I simply adore, has a subtle role here, tying everything together and upscaling things just enough you feel like you are actually wearing a perfume and haven't just filled your pockets with pulverized, wildberry skittles and splashed yourself with purple drank. (Don't knock it till you try it.)

Anywho, for the young at heart, who love violet and/or PURPLE, and need more kaiju in their life, get him before he stomps away. 💜

I like the smell of violet, but I find that violet fragrances all tend to smell rather similar to me and so I find them somewhat boring and forgettable.  When I do wear violet, it's always Arcana's Tess (violet set in sweet cream and paired with amber).  Violet Behemoth is just okay to me.  The plum, raspberry, and musk don't stand out the way that I had hoped they would.  I just get a violet hard candy with a whiff of tart, slightly sour, nondescript berries.  It's pleasant and simple, but probably not something that I will wear again.