Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Soil-spattered overripe strawberries creeping forth from the shadowed doorway of an ivy-gripped stone mausoleum.

Fresh from the mail box! This is LOVELY and just as described. I get the soil, a gentle green Ivy, and the stone. The stone mixes with the dirt note and reads as somewhat cold to me. The strawberry is just barely there right now but I expect it’ll come out a bit more with rest. If not I’ll probably layer with strawberry moon 🌙 I love this and I think I’ll reach for it a lot this summer. 

After about an hour, the strawberry becomes more prominent. 

Edited by lithie

Wet: sweet candy strawberry (similar to eat the strawberries), but it's overshadowed by moss ivy and stone. There's also a touch of something metallic, like a tomb gate, and a little cool water.

The strawberry comes to the front now, which I like more.

Now it's sweet, mossy slightly aquatic strawberry. Less aquatic than Sad Ted Behind The Wall.

If strawberry candy and moss sounds good, this is for you. 

I get strawberry candy and dirt that morphs into more of an overripe strawberry and dirt with a hint of perfume-y ivy later on in the day. I agree that there's moss in this dirt.

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about strawberry and dirt, although I tend to enjoy dirt scents. Well, while I'm down for apple and dirt, it seems strawberry and dirt are not for me... but it was fun to get to try this.

Edited by doomsday_disco

In the bottle, it's a green, damp, strawberry smell, like unwashed strawberries plucked straight from the garden.  Wet on skin, it smells more like fresh strawberries than dirt or stone.  It almost smells like a strawberry smoothie.  I'm a huge fan of this!  I'm not getting a lot of dirt or stone right now, but I'm okay with that.  The fresh, green, sweet, somewhat tartness of ripe strawberries that is this perfume is absolutely lovely.  It's kind of aquatic, which I like too!  The dirt and stone notes are firmly in the background, they add some depth, but for the most part aren't present for me.  I', a little nervous for this one to age because I really like what it is right now.

A strawberry patch in a bottle!! Wet its dirt-forward backed by a sweet strawberry, a la strawberry moon- the dirt isn't too damp, it's a drier summer dirt imo. After it settles the strawberry is the main focus, backed by the dry dirt and a hint of green. Really really lovely and summery, reminds me a lot of picking strawberries as a child!

I should have ordered a bottle of this instead of getting just a decant, but I told myself that I have enough Strawberry and Pink Moons to keep me in strawberries forever, and I'm not even a huge fan of strawberry scents.   I really love the cool, dark green ivy, the dry earth, and the clean, cold stone note, though.  It reminds me of my childhood where my parents actually had a huge strawberry patch in the front lawn and ivy climbed up the stones on the shadowy side of our house.  The hint of tart, sweet, sugar musk dusted strawberry is just something fun in the dreamy country cottage scent of it all.  It only lasts about 3 hours on me and has lighter throw, but it feels appropriate, like a fleeting summer memory.