Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sharp, lazy, and opinionated: white sage, clove bud, black peppercorn, juniper berry, black amber, and silvered musk.

On me, this smells like a fancy, spicier than normal pine forest. The juniper berry just beats out the sage as being the strongest note. I can also pick out the clove and peppercorn in the background. The silvered musk envelopes it all in a more atmospheric note. Overall, silvered and spiced sage and juniper wood.

I love the title of this scent, and I nearly love it, but the silvered musk makes it a near miss for me. It goes on as a marvelous spicy evergreen and sage, lots of lovely clove with peppercorn even I can perceive, but then the musk wraps all around it, and it's a close relative of white musk, which tends to be high-pitched on me, and it's not that it's bad, but it's no longer the kind of scent I love to wear. 

I guess it's my skin chemistry doing things, but this is on me 75% cloves and 25% peppercorn. Like sharp angry cloves, not the cola kind. I'm hopeful aging will bring out more of the other notes.

Starts as a blast of juniper (yum!) And settles down to a cozy melange that is clove and peppercorn dominant. Surprisingly sexy and alluring actually. This smells like a potpourri in the bathroom of one of those fancy craft brewery type restaurants, where they try and lure in lumberjack customers with the outdoorsy but elevated vibe- the waitstaff would be wearing plaid for sure. It also smells like your artsy but mysterious aunt who goes for hikes sometimes but doesn't rub it in your face.

I wasn't sure about this one, as I love juniper berry and white sage but found this to be more clove and peppercorn dominant.  However, this is not a bad thing! The juniper berry is so so good in this, and the other notes really DO lend this a sharp, opinionated yet lazy vibe. And the clove-cola vibe is there, which I LOVE. This dries down to a scent memory of my grandfather outside working on construction projects at the cottage, so I think bygraveyardlight kinda nailed it.  This is the scent of an artsy, odd sort of fellow (genderless) who goes for long hikes in the woods and who enjoys deliberately not telling you where they've been wandering.

I ended up getting a half bottle from ajevie, so I'm excited for it to show up to compare it to my slonk.

This scent and I are radically incompatible, it's really sharp beginning, middle and end. It could be the peppercorn/juniper/silvered musk, but she is so grouchy and spiky on my skin, her frustration is perceptible. Longevity ~7hrs, throw: low/med

Really interesting combo of warm spicy notes and cool notes. Initially I get a lot of sage, clove, and juniper over a sweetish cool musk. As it dries I get more peppercorn, and mixed with the clove this is a really spicy scent,  getting a bit sweeter and more herbal as it dries. Once fully dry I would say the sage and juniper are most prominent with the amber and musk backing them up, with just a hint of spice. It's sharp and elegant, yet a bit rugged.