Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A snapped tiara of glittering amber, wild yellow tobacco flower, and smoke.

i believe i get tobacco flower with a huge dose of smoke. this is very smoky, but not quite as charred and campfire-y as some smoky scents i've tried. the smoke calms after awhile but is still quite prominent along with tobacco. amber is just a background note and not that noticeable, at least on my skin. 

Gosh I love this one. It's a bit difficult, even though it's a somewhat idealized cigarette scent. Gotta be in the right mood for it.

Wet on the wand I can smell more amber and floral, but on my skin I get cigarette smoke. It doesn't smell like a cigarette that is actively being smoked, but it's definitely something that makes you smell like you have been smoking. Thankfully not in the way I used to smoke, like eau de 3am dive bar. This smells like a terribly refined person who knows better, who otherwise takes impeccable care of themselves, wants to smell nice, excuses themselves to go outside - terribly sorry - to engage in their noxious habit. 

Sometimes tobacco flower has been rather sharp on me, but here I get a lovely soft floral, with a pleasant touch of powder, and the telltale scent of countless cigarette breaks. Once fully dry, the amber warms up and the smoke fades, ushering in a strong scent memory of my grandmother, who always smelled lovely but was also a lifelong smoker.  

So... I NEVER bother to write reviews but I have a HUGE pile of "to be tested" scents before sending a dozen or so bottles off to sale...

And todays tester was this one... Half Queen of Cigarettes...

so... on me this is a really lovely sexy bonfire full of flowers...

The smoke is super prominent... but I don't hate it (and I am a girl who avoids campfires because I HATE to smell like it...)

As it dries the smoke fades a bit to allow the floral of the tobacco flower to come out... and there's a lovely softness that I attribute to the amber 

This is a really sexy sensual scent and although it was a long shot for me... very outside of the box... I'm definitely keeping it!  This one will get lots of wear!

Half Queen smells like she could have been a Halloweenie scent and I can see myself wearing this a lot leading up to Samhain (or even using it as a spooky home fragrance).  I almost didn't buy this one because I don't like cigarette, ash, or smoke smells and the Lab's tobacco flower tends to go soapy and sharp on me.  The tobacco flower plays really nice here, though, smelling cool toned and amazingly like heavy, misty fog - clean yet hazy.  The smoke reads very much like a room full of grey incense smoke with a little extra smolder and warmth.  Cold fog, grey incense smoke, and warmth from the coals in a dying fire.  Very atmospheric to me.  The damp and heavy fog impression is what really draws me to this blend.