Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Enchantment from the deep! Lobster-red maraschino cherry with a marshmallow froth.

In the bottle, smells a little cough syrupy, or like cherry cordial, which made me a little scared. On the skin though, the fluffy cherry marshmallow of my dreams. Reminds me a little of the Cherry Cream Pie Chypre scent from a while ago, except this comes in bottle size. Am in love. ❤️🍒 

Bright, sweet cherries. Sugary sweet, but not overwhelming.

I thought it smelled like the older Monsterbait Bloody Mary, but when I compared them, they are actually pretty different. This one is a lighter, more fluffy cherry. Very nice.

Sugary sweet cherry and another note that I can't pin down. To me, it morphs from a fluffy marshmallow note to the scorched milk note from Snake Milk. Maybe it's a combo of both? It did just arrive in the mail yesterday so it might need some time to settle.

I'm leaning into cherry recently. I've always loved to eat cherries of all kinds but fruits are hit or miss notes for me in perfume. I know Dragons Milk lists no cherry but I love the cherryesque honeyed sweetness of it and also loving the Cherry Incense Luper scent (hey, I should review that!) and Fairy Lobster Foam starts with a big blast of that screamy delicious maraschino cherry. I also get the condensed milk in the can smell at first when I open FLF but it calms down into powdery soft vanillic marshmallow that I smell in TKO and the rare AF Marshmallow Poof. The milkish smell is popping up here and there and it's not a note that I love so much. I'm sure it will settle, but this is a like, especially around my one lover who favors cherry scents, but not a hoardable love.  Cherry Red and Cherry Incense are absent of the milky-syrupy note so I favor those.

In the decant, sickeningly sweet. It’s slightly better on the skin, but I had to muster up some courage to apply it, it’s that sweet. It has some kind of underlying warm sweet cloying grounding note and I agree with the condensed milk comparison, above. Once it’s on the skin for 15-20 minutes, it’s tolerable fluffy fake cherry but the journey there makes me nauseous. It’s not one I’ll be upgrading. 

I loved the Lab's ability to nail the maraschino cherry scent in their MC&Champagne scent, but the Champagne ended up drowning out the cherries on me. So I wanted to try again. This is DEFINITELY M. Cherry, but almost too much at first, but then the marshmallow comes out, and it becomes more of a marshmallowy toasty, almond-cherry mix lol

Pinkish maraschino cherry juice and whipped cream with a touch of marshmallow and background vanilla.

It reminds me of Gen Z Feminist Cenobite, but GZFC has whipped cream and this has marshmallow.

After a while, the cherry lessens and the marshmallow increases. It's a soft, gentle marshmallow and acceptable to this person who usually hates marshmallow smells for being loud and cloying.

When sniffed from the decant, this is amazing. Real, actual maraschino cherry—not a whiff of cherry cough syrup to be found—and fresh bright fluffy marshmallow.

The problem? Even with a good slather, this does not exist on my skin. It doesn’t fade, it’s like I never put it on in the first place.

Fairy Lobster Foam makes me want ambrosia salad because that's exactly what it smells like.  My mom used to make a version of it with cottage cheese, Cool Whip, marshmallows, maraschino cherries, and bits of canned pineapple and mandarin oranges, and that's totally what this smells like on me.  Cool and creamy, marshmallowy, with whiffs of cherry and juicy fruitiness.  I actually don't like the scent of maraschino cherry because it just smells sickly sweet to me, but this is like a refreshing, juicy cherry in this mix.  I love the creaminess so much.  I actually think that I'll wear this a lot over the summer because it has a refreshing, cool quality to it.  I'm glad that I took a chance on this one.  It makes me feel very nostalgic.

I really thought this one would be a slam dunk from the description.

Alas, there's unexpected dairy in this (which has a bit of funk to it -- not as intense as goat's milk, but it's there). The maraschino cherry is pretty light on me, as the dairy takes the center stage for the first few hours, until the marshmallow pops up and mingles with the dairy to create a creamy marshmallow scent haunted by the ghost of cherry.

I'm going to let this settle for a few more weeks to see if it changes, but I think this will ultimately be a destash as I was really hoping for more cherry (and no stealth dairy) from this.

Fairy Lobster Foam cherry shines BRIGHT AF and then sizzles into oblivion. This cherry isn't so much tangy/juicy as it is very bright and sweet. What's up with cherries who just make an appearance and then leave without saying goodbye? rude. :cry2:The cherry texture itself smells like if funnel cake powdered sugar was maraschino flavored! It's scrumptious and delicious on opening 🍒 then it morphs into a marshmallow with holes in it? Think whipped cream cheese texture. (Aerated is the word I'm looking for) A low-cal greek yogurt marshmallow mousse? It's not your average bouncy marshmallow, it sticks around in this whipped gooey air foam for approx ~4 hours. I tend to reapply in order to re-experience the mouthwatering cherry opening, it makes me happy!! :luv2: Throw low/med. Curious what this would be like in my hair

Edited by MonBon

This starts off with a blast of strong, super sweet fake cherry. This isn't my favorite cherry admittedly, but the marshmallow note more than makes up for it and it becomes the star real fast as the cherry just sort of fades into the background within minutes of application. This is a decadent lightly cherried sugary marshmallow scent made with condensed milk, simple but very pleasant. It definitely smells milky, so just know that and be prepared. But if you can hang with milk and like marshmallow, try it-it's worth it for that condensed milk marshmallow alone imo. Definitely a bottle upgrade.

Edited by Beary Strange
has evaporated and condensed milk mixed up

The marshmallow foam in this is what makes it magical for me. I get the cherry candy at first, but then it's all cherry tinted marshmallow, warm and gooey, like it wants to turn into toasted marshmallows on my skin, but it's still goo. Like leaning in to sniff a cherry meringue pie, except the topping is all sticky marshmallow fluff, gently toasted. Of course there isn't really pie filling or crust happening here, but it is pure comfort food for those of us with a sweet tooth ...of the nose. Thank you, fairy lobster! :lol:

Wet: cherry candy. 
Dry: marshmallows made with really good maraschino juice. 

There’s something in it that keeps making me think “incense?” It’s NOT incensey, I think that’s the dry note of marshmallow keeping this from being squeamishly sweet. This is actually quite a grounded, grown up candy scent. 

Throw is perfect: I can smell it with every deep breath, but no one else can unless they’re really close. 

Can’t decide if I need to run to the BPAL order page first, or my kitchen to make some cherry marshmallows. 

Sweet maraschino cherry! Not cough syrup at all - really a dead ringer for that bright red sugary sweetness. As it dries, the marshmallow comes out more - it's very marshmallow fluff, with a whipped or airy note - how does Beth do that?! It's different from just straight marshmallow somehow, with whatever's making it fluffier and airier.

I really like this, but it's very low throw and also one of those scents that my skin just eats; I put it on and it's gone within half an hour. I've been having that issue with a few of the recent blends, so maybe it's me? For example, both Ghost Dragon's Mama and White Cat do this to me too - great, but then just gone. *sad*

This starts out with a bright, syrupy cherry note that is softened by the marshmallow froth. I agree that this froth must have a milk note hidden away here. It dries down into a sweet, milky, cherry scent. It's cheerful and fun.