Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The joy of feeling nothing: a delirious whirl of pink lime rind, white tobacco, mallow, cannabis accord, ambrette seed, ti leaf, and red grapefruit pouring into a somnambulant pool of lavender.

Initially, a wave of slightly sugary citrus- settles down to a marshmallowy, sweetly herbal grapefruity situation. This is really really yummy and nice, I think it would fit right in the Mad tea party collection! Soothing and playful.

I really enjoyed this one, even though I am not a citrus fan, and have no full size citrus scents in my collection.  I really enjoy the whirl of fruit and lime rind here, with a more complex undertone from the ti leaf, tobacco and ambrette seed, which gives it a more perfumey vibe. It really is a carousel of nose-numbing fruit and lavender and other delightful scents. It whirls and fades and then comes back. This one makes me smile.

It doesn't always have good throw, which is my only hesitation.  I'm going to keep using my decant and a bottle may end up in my cart before these come down.

This is delightful. or deliriumful? It's fun! Pink lime floats in and out of the soft cloud of mallow in the top range after the initial burst of grapefruit subsides. I love how the cannabis threads itself through the citrus and lavender. Playful, pillowy, summery.

Carousel Anesthesia starts off as predominantly citrus and lavender on me, and it's then joined by the white tobacco from scents like Pediophobia and To a Wreath of Snow, as well as a blast of non-skunky weed. The weed is more prominent in this than it is in Blacklight Reactive Alice Poster, which also features weed and grapefruit notes. After that, I get the ti leaf, which is an astringent lemony white tea on my skin. Over time, the ti leaf overtakes the wonderful lavender, lime, and grapefruit swirled with tobacco and weed and combines with the citrus and lavender to make it a very soapy scent on me for a while. After eight hours of wear, all that remains is the white tea, which has declared dominion over all of the other notes.

I really enjoyed the wet phase of this scent, but I didn't enjoy the soap phase and wish the lavender, citrus, and weed had remained as prominent as they were initially. I'm going to let this rest for a few weeks and come back to it then. Maybe then I'll be able to escape the soap and get some of the mallow.

Edited by doomsday_disco

The weed note dominates during application, so I get cannabis car freshener out of the gate. However, it rapidly becomes something more bitter-pithy and sophisticated, dominated by the grapefruit (which I love), lavender, and tobacco, cushioned by gentle fruits. (No pot stank at this point.) The bittering agents keep this from veering into fruit cocktail or fruit loops, which is the sad fate of most fruit-based perfumes on my skin. I utterly love it at this stage and would drink gallons of any cocktail or mocktail that tasted like this blend. 

The perfect spring or summer perfume.

Edited by bheansidhe

Something about this is incredibly familiar and nostalgic to me. I get a lot of lavender, lime, and amber out of the gate. It's breezy and light. As it dries I get a bit a light tobacco, grapefruit, and a hint of the cannabis accord. But overall still a light, clean, breezy scent without being soapy. The amber and tobacco give a bit of warmth and body to scent. 

The cannabis is green and herbal-spicy (similar to the way tomato leaf smells), the ti leaf is strong and sharply green tea with a hint of citrus, the lavender is soapy like a barbershop cologne, and the lime and grapefruit add a bright pop of citrus before the grapefruit does its thing and turns weirdly sweaty and reminiscent of body odor on my skin.  It dries down to mostly the funky, sour grapefruit and clean lavender cologne, like one is trying to cover up the other.  I usually enjoy white tobacco, but the powdery sweetness of it after a while isn't really doing me any favors here.  I was hoping for more of a sugared citrus and creamy marshmallow.