Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Very very buttery, wayyyy more buttery than I was expecting it reminds me of the fresh pumpkin note in the scream in your pumpkin patch but the drydown is tobacco heavy and it’s sweet and chewy and amazing I think it’s the tobacco from western bonneted bat which is my all time favorite. I don’t get much oak maybe it’s in the background somewhere and my nose just can’t tell but I’m okay with that. I’m pretty happy with this one.

This combo is as good as I'd hoped. The tobacco is indeed yummy and chewy. I get quite a bit of the scorched oak, with a big emphasis on the "scorched" part, which reads more as a smokiness swirling around in the background for me. The goat milk adds a sweet creaminess and a little bit of funk to this.

This goat is pretty tobacco-heavy and it is sweet without necessarily being foody.

At first this reminded me a lot of a Lunacy fav of mine, Black Goat Enjoying a Pink Flower (but without the flowers). That tart creamy goat milk note is really enjoyable, and adds some kind of olfactory "umami" to it. Something for your nose to ponder and analyze a little. As it dries down, there's a woody smokiness along with a tobacco sweetness like pipe tobacco. A real winner if these are notes you're into, which I am! Also might be echoes of The Red Ribbon without red musk.

this is good. i'm learning that oak is one of my favorite woodsy notes. i don't actually get a lot of scorchiness from this.  on me, it's primarily tangy, goaty creaminess and tobacco-sweetened oak.  it feels like there might be a touch of a musky component, so i see where the red ribbon comparison can be made.  very nice! 

I get mostly goats milk with a woodsy, spicy sweetness from the tobacco and oak. The tobacco comes out more as it dries, but it stays stronger on the creamy, slightly tangy goats milk for me throughout wear. Not quite as darkened as I expected, but still getting all the notes.

Pretty straightforward, pretty dang cozy.

Mostly a buttery scent, not quite vanilla but not quite buttercream. I was hoping the tobacco and scorched oak would take the lead, but on me this is a straightforward sweet cream scent that lacks depth.  This also reminds me of 2021's Famous Kabuki Actors in Imagined Scenes of Lovemaking, which I prefer. Also strongly reminded of Black Goat Eating a Pink Flower.

There's nothing to complain about here, just not as complex or as scorched as I was hoping for. Will use up my slonk for sure.

I wish that this were buttery and creamy on me, but it's the dry, powdery, honeyed goat's milk note on my skin and nothing else.  It actually smells very close to bpal's White Larry blend, but this is a bit sweeter.  It's like wearing a honey scented body powder, but a little more dusty.

Mmmmm. Love the lab’s uber creamy goat’s milk note.  That is the main player on application, followed by something unique, that I can’t quite place.  It’s a little sharp, I think it’s the scorched oak.  No tobacco yet.  Hour - the cream has settled into a supporting player, the tobacco has shown up, and the sharpness of the scorched oak has mellowed.  Not much throw, but a really good scent nonetheless. 4 hours - it’s pretty light now, but still easily sniffable close to the skin.  It ended up being a good mix of creamy milk, tobacco, and a light wood note.  I really like this one!

This is so interesting because it is totally NOT what I expected. In my head this was going to be smoky and wooden, but in the vial and on the skin I get the same sweet, spiced milk/cake note from Cockaigne. The tobacco prevents this from going super foody; the oak is more like a backdrop. Fans of Antikythera Mechanism, Perversion, and Cockaigne should give this a whirl. 

Edited by vthesiren