Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In a nutshell?

*Exactly* what I'd been hoping for.

Ruby chocolate, in flavor, is distinct from all other colors of chocolate in that it has a fruity tang in its composition. I'd been hoping that the scent would capture that nuance and it DOES, beautifully.

The scent has the luxurious, creamy cacao that we've come to expect from the Lab, but with that special afore-mentioned Ruby tang. To round it out, the white musk both unifies the two elements of the cacao while balancing the scent in a way that keeps it from being too "foodie" or gourmet to turn off those that are unsure about that side of the scent spectrum. I mentioned elsewhere that I personally view this scent as a perfect counter-balance to my beloved Cacao Pod- whereas that scent has a richness that works well during the cold half of the year, here is a cacao-based fragrance for the warm months- and just in time. :luv2:

Smells of a delicious slightly nutty dry cocoa powder mixed in well with rich cocoa butter. Underneath there’s something barely barely fruity like the suggestion of something fruity and red… powdery? not sure what to think about it but it smells delicious. Maybe ever so slightly of plastic? But the kind of plastic from a barbie doll package. This is so evocative of the color pink and chocolate at the same time. There’s a delicious red velvet like chocolate note here. 

Effervescent. Subtle. Sweet. Creamy.

This is a sophisticated gourmand.  Fizzy fruity white musk and what feels to me like the smell of creamy white chocolate with a little twang.  I was going to state that this smells pink, but it really doesn’t – it smells ruby in color, like its namesake chocolate – a more grown-up, sophisticated color blend of pink and red, resting in the middle of naïveté versus perhaps being jaded by love. 

:evol:

Edited by pinkgyrl

Millenial Pink is a lovely fruity chocolate scent, renderedly slightly pastel by white musk.

I mean fruity in the sense that cocoa pods are fruits. I haven't had ruby chocolate, but many single origin chocolates have this same delightful fruity-tangy quality to them. This scent also has a bit more of a cocoa butter presence than a cocoa bean/cocoa powder presence, but never goes as cloying as straight cocoa butter thanks to the tangy quality.

Take a raspberry Mamba (the chewy, Starburst-adjacent candy), smoosh it into a little bit of chocolate (I think it's more cocoa butter-like than cocoa or chocolate bar-like), and ground it with some white musk, and you've got Millennial Pink.

It's not something I need to grab more of, but I do think it executes ruby chocolate pretty well, and there isn't another scent from the Lab like this.

Subtle chocolate, whiff of raspberry, and glamour. Honestly, this also has a foodie gourmand note beyond the chocolate that makes you think Magnolia Bakery and Carrie Bradshaw. This is the perfume equivalent of Carrie Bradshaw in a fabulous outfit, with great shoes, eating a frosted chocolate cupcake in New York. It's an absolute fantasy. It's pink but not overly so, its chocolate but not overly sweet, its girlie but grown up, and its expensive. It's the fantasy that you too can have it all, while also being able to afford an apartment in NYC. It's absolute nonsense but you can't help wish it were real. Medium throw and wear length. 

this has the same creamy, rich, decadent, cocoa-buttery white chocolate note as the recent mysore sandalwood luper trio, which is absolutely divine in this one as well. here there is is the barest tinge of red fruit to it, but this is not a fruity perfume.  i can pick it out in the opening, but it disappears into the blend as it settles in.  overlaying everything is a gauzy, almost effervescent musk.  as it wears, the musk gains a lot of traction and really blunts the other notes, creating that pastel feeling that lavendercoffee mentioned. this becomes a deliciously creamy-yet-airy musk with a touch of tartness.  i like it very much! 

Edited by MamaMoth

I agree with the white choc + red fruit vibe. Dries down pretty clean. White chocolate doesn't agree with me too much but here it ain't too bad. Dries down with the opening sweet notes + clean white musk. 

Millennial me has really been enjoying this scent.  I was worried about the white musk because it's a death note on me if it's sharp and chemical-y instead of creamy, and it almost always is the sharp, dry, cheap variety that gives me a headache.  The white musk here is barely noticeable to me, though, and does come off as simply creamy and pretty, not sharp or screechy.  The chocolate in this smells like the white chocolate in the original Thirteen blend, which I loved, because it smells pale and cool and not sickly sweet, like if someone made an elegant and grownup version of white chocolate that wasn't overly sugary.  It's quite like if the original Thirteen had tasty raspberry instead of tangerine and mandarin.  It smells like a mix of good raspberry jam and fresh, ripe raspberries to me with creamy, mellow white chocolate and creamy, pretty white musk.

I ordered this the same day it was released & have been enjoying it so much! It is pretty much exactly what I thought with the notes, though it feels like a slightly deeper chocolate than I thought, but I love it. The sort of fruit beep I get at first is lost within a short time & it becomes this beautiful creamy cocoa powder scent on me. While also still having an odd hint of the idea of pink sprinkles & pink frosting (not a specific scent, but it evokes that for me). 

I wore it to see Barbie the other day & got loads of compliments! Mostly that I smelled like a decadent cake, expensive chocolate, & one girl said I "smelled like Barbie eating truffles." Was a very good choice to see the movie in & I still think it's a fantastic scent (even for a non-foodie scent person like me).

Raspberry white chocolate swirls! Pink, sweet, fruity, creamy, and pretty. There is something that keeps it more grown-up than little-kid - maybe the white musk lending it a cool pale edge? Like eating a fancy raspberry white chocolate truffle while sitting by the window of an upscale apartment on a misty silver-hued day. Oh, I really like this. I'm tempted to acquire a backup!

Oh my god? Oh my god. This. This is the perfume version of Valrhona's Strawberry Inspiration couveture feves. It's so fancy. It has the fruity cacao butter thing going on with a beautiful, cherry-ish, perfumey haze underneath. I love it. This kinda makes up for my perpetual skin chemistry changes making all my faves smell terrible on me. This might have displaced Chocolate Stout Cupcake as my favorite chocolate BPAL. Absolutely gorgeous.

-- Quick update: This is 10+ hour perfume on me. I need moar.

Edited by Tamarinda
Update