Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I wouldn't describe this as sour. It much more reminds me of a mix of very sweet orange juice and lemonade. The sweet orange kumquat comes out the strongest at first, with the lemon coming out more as the scent wears, but never overtaking the kumquat. I'm not getting anything that registers to me as white musk in this scent. On me, it's all very fresh, sweet, and bright citrus. I don't know if I need to let it rest a little more, this scent is very light and sits very close to the skin on me. Overall, this is definitely a scent for citrus lovers, but is much sweeter than the name suggests.

Sour Moon features lemon and kumquat infused with a whole lot of white musk on me. I'm getting more white musk from this than I get from Eleven Pipers Piping Hair Gloss, which also features kumquat, lemon, and musk (Piping out drooping phantoms of kumquat, lime rind, icy lemon peel, and green-white musk). I like that hair gloss more than this scent (probably because my hair doesn't amp the musk in that light my skin is doing here), but the two would go well together. The lemon in this isn't acrid, and I think this features the same kumquat note as that hair gloss (just not as bold on my skin). I think my skin brings out a slightly incense-y aspect to the white musk after a while, though, and I'm not sure why? I so wanted this to be an unadulterated citrus bomb, but it went a little weird on me after a few hours.