Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Tuberose, Wild Tobacco Flower, and Red Clover

The tuberose is exactly what I remember from Hawaii. Sweet and clean. I don't smell the tobacco flower (nicotiana) until after it warms up on the skin. I have no idea what red clover smells like, so I imagine it would be something kinda herbacious to ground everything together. I don't smell anything. Overall, this starts as an earthy tuberose, but ends up shining as a single note once the nicotiana burns off. It's starts out strong, but I didn't smell anything after 4 hours. I just tested it on my neck. I'm wondering if aging will affect this. If you're wanting tobacco, steer clear. If you're ok with a deeper (possibly earthier version) of tuberose, this might be for you.

starts off a lovely tuberose with a hint of something that seems almost like a soft musk? i dunno what that is. i get a hint of red clover i think? there is something slightly green when i inhale deeply. this strikes me as a non creamy, non indolic tuberose.  over time that sort of clean slightly green note gets stronger and balances the tuberose. one of my favorite GCs is neutral, which is like a soft tuberose with musk. this kind of reminds me of an opposite version-stronger tuberose with soft musk but everything amped up a bit more. after 45+ minutes it gets very clean smelling and the tuberose is fading away. it smells like laundry detergent on me now. i never get any tobacco, but for me the beginning stages are good but i am not liking the drydown. it's too clean and i prefer a creamy/indolic tuberose.

Edited by theseagrows

This blend is definitely white florals, but more low-key and restrained than loud and heady (and zero screechiness here). There's a creamy tuberose and tobacco flower, but there's something almost dusty about this blend that I don't tend to associate with big white florals. I'm having a hard time picking out the red clover specifically, but I'm wondering if it's contributing to what my brain insists is dustiness (maybe a deeper green note is happening here?). It's not the elusive tuberose scent of my dreams, but I like it well enough to keep my partial.