Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sandalwood, Lime, and Tahitian Ginger

What it says on the tin. On me, it's a relatively equal mix of sandalwood, lime, and ginger. The scent is a warm, tropical scent. I would describe the sandalwood as almost being behind the lime and the lime being in front of the ginger as well. It's pleasant, but not anything more than the sum of its parts, in my opinion.

This is a masculine leaning scent in a bracing aftershave way. Lime is out in front while the sandalwood/ ginger provide background. Eventually the lime melds into this background and a tapestry is created. It's now (on the drydown) a sandalwood aftershave - same sandalwood in the olibanum/ sandalwood/tansy trio, but with ginger lime uplifting the fuzzy woods. Definitely unique.

I got a nice puff of lime (sweet, generic) up front, but that quickly dissipates and settles into a comforting, summery, almost tropical scent. Very bath and body works but better.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this one -- I think I expected more fresh lime, but my skin amps the sandalwood in a way that makes the lime very dry (more dried lime peel than fresh lime). There's something oddly antiseptic about this to my nose, and I don't know if it's the way the sandalwood is interacting with the lime, or the ginger (I'm assuming this note is ginger flower rather than root, which I'm less familiar with). The comparisons to aftershave make sense to me and might be what I'm reading as vaguely antiseptic.

On me, this is almost all sandalwood, with only the tiniest hint of ginger and no lime at all. I like gender neutral and masculine scents, but this reads like aftershave to me.