Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Fern, English Ivy, and Oakmoss

In the bottle: Deep, fresh, tangy herbal

Wet: Fresh, ferny, grassy, green and sweet. Also a hint of something fruity, even though I know there are no fruits in the blend.

Dry: Something sharp and tangy. It seems to have lost some of its sweetness.

After a few minutes: Some of the sweetness came back. It's very ambery, and I'm getting some sort of faint, foody vegetable as well, although I can't be more precise than that.

After first hour: Tangy, earthy, slightly sweet green. Very deep and intense. Some people would classify this as a masculine blend.

After two and a half hours: The blend has softened, the tanginess is softer, and a little more sweet and fruity.

Some people may find this a bit soapy, which is something I like, but I know a lot of people don't.

I'm quite enjoying this stage, and I'm tempted to reapply even though the time isn't up yet.

After 5 hours: Almost nothing.

Slather test: Super fresh, herby, and tingly.

Final verdict: Definitely leaning towards keeping this one.

This one is deep, mossy, herbaceous greens. These aren't the super bright, grassy, slightly bitter greens I associate with BPAL's grass and lettuce notes. These green notes are much deeper and darker, but still clean. Oakmoss can go slightly woolly and powdery on me, and it does here, but it doesn't really detract from the overall clean impression. It is just slightly soapy, but not in an in-your-face, Irish-Spring sort of way. This reads as a very much all-gender green scent to me.