Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Black Pepper, White Sage, and Tea Rose

This black pepper note that has been popping up lately is tremendous. It's not "peppery" to my nose, but somehow it really rounds the edges off the other notes. I'm not getting much white sage and the tea rose is sleek and clean. I don't think it smells soapy but this could be the scent of an expensive soap. 

Mostly what it says on the tin. Black pepper is just barely the strongest note on me. And it's that more full body spice of the peppercorn than the sharpness I associate with crush pepper. The tea rose is a very sweet, pink rose. The white sage doesn't quite read to me as white sage, more of a white musk and plant component of it adds to the tea rose. While this does start off pretty soapy on me, it quickly mellows out into more of a fancy soap scent, as mentioned by the previous reviewer. Overall, a black peppercorn, with sweet tea rose, on a bed of white musk. Almost soapy and a little heady.

This one's more tea rose and sage than pepper -- the pepper's not noticeably sharp or spicy, but just adds a very subtle roundness to the scent. This is mostly light, fresh, pink rose notes with cool, herbaceous sage. The sage doesn't exactly blend with the rose -- my experience of sniffing this is more "oh, there's rose! and now sage! and now rose!", but the sage seems to ground the rose and help keep it fresh rather than powdery. Overall, a really lovely, light, fresh herbal rose scent. It does give expensive soap, but I mean that in the best way possible. This will probably get a lot of wear from me this spring, and I might want more than the partial I currently have.