Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

And at Christemasse I Drynke Redde Wyne

A celebration in the dark of winter: blood-red port wine, blackberries, dried red fruits, and sweet patchouli.

OOB: 100% red, scarlet, berry wine. I don't find the patch at all. If you love wine scents and berry scents, this is absolutely the definition of those notes. Definitely a sweet red wine like the port listed, red berries crushed and macerating. Not something dry, and not something spiced. A ruby red wine you drink for dessert at the culmination of a cold winter's day, settling in for the long night.

On the skin: Still very much deep, dark, red port with juicy, crushed and macerating berries. Red wine and berry sangria, almost (but no citrus). The patchouli finally comes out to play when on the skin. It's there, but it is subtle, which is kind of bizarre considering it's patchouli, one of the most un-subtle of notes. It just lends a kind of bass line to this blend, but this is absolutely first and foremost a wine scent, for wine lovers, and for red wine and berry-forward blend lovers in particular.

Hours later: Super potent, big throw

Edited by elissamay

Agreed with the previous poster - this is a big, red, berry wine! Great throw.

I was nervous about the patch - it's not a note I seek out - but I really can't find it in here at all. Mostly this is the sweet red wine scent from...well, so many other BPAL red wine scents! Lots of berries, lots of fruit. Ruby port, not tawny. It's definitely a rich dessert sort of wine, something you sip slowly from a snifter, while lounging by a fire on a chilly evening. I've ended up really liking this one, especially because it's rainy here tonight and we have got a fire and we actually also have some port, so I might pour some of that, and grab a book, and pet the cat while sipping.

It took me a bit to figure out what this one reminds me of… The Elephant is Slow to Mate. This may be a little bit sweeter. I’ll have to do a side by side and report back.