Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet myrrh, frankincense smoke, Damascus rose resin, ambrette seed, winter mosses, and ambergris.

This is heavy on resins, very frankincense & myrrh, but the other notes do make themselves known, especially the mosses and a touch of rose.  Overall it's close to soapy and if you can't do mosses or rose, this might not work out for you.  

I believe the ambrette seed and ambergris are making this smell "perfumey" and chic, but not standing out a whole lot.  It reminds me of a classic, old-school chypre.  I had to check the notes because later in the dry-down, I thought I smelled patchouli as well.  Not sure where that came from, maybe the mosses? 

I haven't tried them side-by-side, but I can say with some confidence, this reminds me of OLLA Eve.  This one is smokier and a little darker, but they do share a similar vibe with the resins, mosses, and rose.  

When I first got this I thought it was almost ALL frank & myrrh, and I would like that, but I am glad the other notes came out more after a few days of resting.  : ) 

Resin, ambrette seed, and frankincense/myrrh. The incense and resin notes dominate on me, along with a healthy dose of ambrette seed. There's just a little bit of Damascus rose in the background. But overall, very much a heady resin and incense scent.

I was recently sent a bottle of this by accident (gift!) and decided to give it a try. 

This is lovely. It is what I have wanted from every Frankincense/Myrrh blend and where they have all failed, this one succeeds. 

Over the hour that it takes to settle, I smell every note! And it settles as mostly ambergris, ambrette seed and frankincense, which I love. Nothing harsh, everything mellow: a warm, comforting scent. I keep reapplying to repeat the journey. Love. What a wonderful accidental gift.

Still a love on 19 July '23

Edited by HerbGirl

How have I not left a review here yet!

I've had this sitting around since I got the christmas order in, and i absolutely love this 

wet: soapy incense, applied it directly morphs to something deeper, and more realistic. It really evokes the art it's based on; a creepy, dark monastery looming in the distance with inexplicable strong waft of incense and myrrh coming from it's direction, luring you nearer to it. You, perhaps a weary traveler alone on a snowy night, looking for a place to stay.

I can smell mosses and trees, and the cold snow.

Dried, it's more like you're already inside the monastery, or at least just stepped in the door, as I get a slightly more stone-scent(?) later, and wafts every so often of the "forest" aspect of it.

(The scent is not creepy neccesarily, that's what my brain, paired with the art makes of this, it is a very wearable, beautiful thing. Nor is it super heavy on anything, everything is mixed gorgeously and even the frankinsence, while being the strongest, doesn't go crazy like it did on my skin with many other scents). Beautiful!! :wub3: