Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

It's a frozen something scent, but it's not registering to me as amber. There is something vaguely resiny about the scent. It's somewhat lemony and somewhat earthy, almost vegetal. I would describe it as an atmospheric ice scent. I'm just not sure what's underneath the ice, but overall, it brings a fresh and outdoorsy quality to the scent. Bit of a head scratcher for me and I have icy scents that I like better.

I was wondering how this might compare to Schönperchten (snow-spattered lavender, bourbon vanilla, white mint, and white amber). Well, even though they both feature snow notes and white amber, this one is very different.

I believe I am smelling at least two snow notes in this scent. One is a mentholated icy snow note, and the other one is the sweet, evergreen-infused Snow Bunny one. The melange of snow reigns for quite some time, but the amber is there, slowly adding a light warmth to the scent and eventually becoming the dominant note by the end of the day, backed by what flurries remain.

I don't like this as much as Schönperchten, but I do think this scent fits its name (it's definitely wintery)!

I wasn't expecting citrus, but this definitely has a lemon-lime opening like in a lemon drop or other hard candy. As it sits, a little spicy wood comes forward but combined with the citrus, the smell has an edge of spicy lemon lime armpit. Annoying.

The white amber hangs out in the back.

Dry down: This is so sweet and floral now, what a morph. It's still got that BO edge, so I'm calling this one as skin chemistry fail.

I definitely adore Schonpercten but this is nice in it's own right and I agree very different. It is only vaguely white amber on me, like a ghost or aura or whiff. This is mostly a softened, smoothed out evergreen, yet it's not uber sweet like Snow White or Schon, just happy little trees smudged out with white fluff. It's kind of an enigma.

Okay, there we go. Now and then, it does have a bit of the Grey Columns vibe, just wintered up quite a bit. I see the resemblance now, but would never have guess white amber at all. 

I like it. 

Okay, first off, this is like. I'm not. I don't know how Beth does it, but it's easy to imagine the beautiful painting with this scent. 

This is sliiiightly soapy. A soft snow, paired with a strong dollop of what i can only describe as 'the amber blocks you find in those home good stores' type of amber. Unfortunately, I really kind of hate THAT type of amber scent, though in this it completely works, and it's doable for me here (and there again, is for sure something beautiful happening here), but it reminds me just a little too much of those big 'ole amber blocks.