Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

I Know You're Watching Me

The scent of full-blown nympho housewife hysteria: a smear of flushed, pearly skin musk splashed by a sophisticated vintage aldehyde perfume and drenched in the secretions of high-pitched arousal.

If you've ever been to a laundromat in your life, you've smelled the opening of this blend. It's not the smell of the inside of the mat, but the back, where the dryers empty their hot air.

Initial application leads to warm, clean laundry. The aroma is so dead on nostalgic, that I know I've smelled it before. I just can't pinpoint what brand of softener it is.

The 'clean, yet heady (jasmine, issit you?)' laundry fades to the background and I'm left with a soft honeyed, vanillic amber floating over top of this clean floral dryer sheet.

It kinda does scream horny housewife in the cleanest way possible. Glad to have a bottle as this works for me. 

Edited by saralaughs

this goes on super duper powdery.  it made me sneeze a couple of times! is that orris?  i'm not familiar enough with it to say for certain, but powdery + "pearl" makes me think orris.  i do smell the skin musk in there.  it's highly musky in an oddly bone-dry way, with that edge of good funk to it that my favorite skin musks have. 

this is like you took skin musk and clean cottony florals, completely dehydrated them, ground them into dust, and used that as a base to make some kind of vintage style face powder. 

I agree with the assessment of an amber-vanilla combination as mentioned above. Also orris, for sure, providing some of the deep background dry-powder aspect. And unfortunately the dryer-sheet thing is spot on as well. 
Perhaps it's my skin chemistry or the fact that I lived through the 80's and came out worse for the wear. Whatever the reason, this isn't the kind of musk that can work for me, sadly, though listen to the folks above- if their descriptions appeal, you're likely to be interested in this scent as they are!

In the bottle: 

Both sharp and creamy/powdery, it really has that aldehyde sparklefizz but then also this deeper musky scent I associate with an 80s housewife's vanity and toiletry kit. It's clean and bright but not too cheerful, winsome without being too sultry, infused with a kind of vivid, hectic energy ("high-pitched" indeed) where one might expect to find modesty or tranquility. This fragrance really does seem connected to that perfect ideal of womanhood we grew up seeing in TV commercials: eyes shining, teeth gleaming, hair hairing, performing a heightened version of everyday life. In the film, this character wears bright yellows and warm pinks, which I swear I can smell in this blend, although that may be my own mental projection.

On the skin: 

One of those musks that I swear to god smells like an actual living person, a kind of forced intimacy which is very apt in this case. The aldehyde is less intense, and what remains is a compromise between this powdery, glimmering sweetness and a ripe, lightly savory animalic quality that I think relates to secretions somehow: the perfect homemaker transforming into a sex-crazed animal. It's kind of breathy and light, but laced with evidence of carnal knowledge.

I can't imagine this appealing to anyone who isn't into aldehydes, musks, and/or powdery florals, but there are definitely some interesting subtleties floating up from beneath those more obvious notes. 

this one starts with a lot of aldehydes, it's bright and clean and smells kind of like fresh laundry as mentioned above. there is something else here, but i can't place it, almost like a soft citrus? then i get the musk and other notes, but they are buried deep beneath the laundry fresh detergent. i was hoping for less aldehydes and more of the other notes, but unfortunately the inverse is true here. the other notes do get stronger over time, but still not quite enough for my tastes/.

Who is this chick? I get smutty laundry + high end aldehydes but not super bright (the aldehydes and maybe the chicky babe too).

It's so strange yet I'm not sure I'm ready to destash it. It's got stronk MILF vibes which is so outside my wheelhouse that I find it oddly amusing.

It kinda reminds me of O and Neutral together plus Chanel No 5 but from 10 ass days ago. 

fwiw I am super ultra mega sensitive to the smell of dryer sheets and I'm not put off by this scent. 

Agree that this is very much like smelling a person, so it's ever so slightly unsettling to smell someone else on me! But as person scents go, it's quite nice: like someone who spritzed on perfume earlier and then did laundry all day. Maybe they had to go up and down some stairs, so the perfume scent has melded with their personal scent.

Not a ton of throw on this, but imo it's just the right amount.

Does anyone else remember Secret Powder Fresh deodorant from the 80s? That’s here, and some other thing(s) that make it fascinating to me.

RoseThornandOak's impressions are probably where mine lie... My spouse says it's baby powder...which isn't wrong but I wouldn't say right either. I LOVE the skin musk here but yeah, could do without the powderiness. The vintage aldehyde perfume note is interesting and is where I think the powder is. So, the first hour or two I have to tolerate what husb's calls stripper baby powder..and then it's a smutty skin musk that I cannot get enough of. It's got some good staying power though, I'll give it that.