Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pale amber musk and linden blossom splashed by a torrent of coconut milk, hazelnut foam, and heliotrope.

Darn.  I couldn't hang with this one.  All I'm getting is hazelnut, and it's not agreeing with me.  I mostly wanted all the other notes.  I will put it away and try again in a couple months.  

I am interested to hear what other people think of it.  Maybe I just amp hazelnut. 

Edit: I wore this tonight while waiting for new Lupers, and I have to say a year of aging has really helped, or else I'm just liking it more tonight, not sure which.  There was a really nice extended dry-down and I kept thinking "this does smell really good", so I am glad I kept it around!

Edited by forspecial_plate

This one smells like the slightly burned milk skin. If I really use my imagination, I can force my brain to think of it as hazelnut foam, which, I suppose, what this note is. But in reality it's milk skin. Is it the coconut that is playing the tricks on me? I agree with the previous reviewer, maybe it needs to rest and will improve with time. I am really hoping to enjoy linden blossoms and heliotrope. 

Coconut milk and hazelnut cloud. On me this is a fuzzy, comforting scent. The coconut milk, followed closely by the hazelnut, is the strongest note on me. And both are nutty and fuzzy in this scent. More on the favorite oversized sweater side of things than foodie. I'm sure that's thanks to the amber. Overall, a light, fuzzy nut scent, centering on coconut milk, without being particularly sweet or gourmand.

Starts of as a floaty combo of coconut and hazelnut in equal measure. Warm, nutty, creamy. As it dries I get a bit of the florals and amber peaking out, making it less gourmand. Sweet and fuzzy, makes me think of sweater. 

Starts off with delicious, creamy, cool coconut milk paired with a warmer hazelnut note that thankfully doesn't turn to nutella.  Then the drydown shifts to the floral notes and amber musk and the whole thing goes very powdery.  Heliotrope often reads as a cool, powdery, slight sweetness on me and the amber musk is warm and powdery, so they mix together into a powdery floof on my skin.  I wish that the sweeter, creamier notes stuck around, but it settles into a clean, powdery scent on me.