Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

The Hour of the Body

Refreshing and clean without being sharp. The grapefruit dominates in the bottle and on my skin - even after an hour. There's not a lot of morphing here. Luckily, I adore grapefruit and bought it for that note so I'm pretty happy. If you like Jo Malone's Grapefruit perfume, imagine that laced with faint strawberry and you've got this scent - at least, that's how it smells on me. 

I may get a second bottle because I can already tell this will be my go-to scent on hot summer days. It's just such a clean, pretty scent.

In the bottle -  very musky citrus. Fruity and sweet with a little bit of funkiness in the way fruit sometimes does. The vey first note to hit my nose is the pomegranate, followed by the one-two punch of grapefruit and yuzu. The rooibos is also very pleasant, smells like Teavana. A touch of strawberry. Overall, a very balanced blend of notes.

Wet Immediately I get the impression of a citrusy, fruity tea - that's the rooibos grounding the fruits. Then there's the sharp, acidic sweetness of the grapefruit. The pomegranate smooths it all out. making for a luscious red note amidst all the bubbly pink. The strawberry is coming out more strongly than in the bottle. Very sweet and juicy. The yuzu is slowly coming to the forefront, supported by rooibos and pom, with a strawberry-sweet afterthought.

Dry -  Dries down to a lovely, delicately fruity tea scent. The yuzu fades away, leaving, rich red pom and strawberries, and a touch of grapefruit for sparkle. The rooibos is the secret ingredient tying it all together. Really nice summery scent.

This is mostly about the citrus and strawberry notes, with the yuzu and grapefruit reigning at first, and the wild strawberry note gaining more strength throughout wear and eventually overtaking the citrus notes (but they never disappear -- they're just relegated to background roles). The strawberry note is a bright, juicy, red one, that's not plastic-y whatsoever, and combined with the yuzu and grapefruit, it smells like a drink or a slush to me (oh, how I wish it were a drink!... and a boozed up one). I get some pomegranate by the end of the day with the strawberry, when the citrus notes have calmed down significantly, but it's never a main player on me, and I'm not able to detect the rooibos on my skin.

I also had my partner wear this as a scent of the day. On them, it started off as mostly citrus and strawberry, but the pomegranate showed up sooner, and the rooibos was noticeable.

I really love how this is early on with the citrus notes being the strongest on me, followed closely by the strawberry, but I don't think it's as awesome by the end of the day when it's more strawberry with some pomegranate. But I'm still debating a bottle, because I could always just reapply and be hit with that citrus blast again. :lol: 

Oooooh! This is the perfect girl freshie fragrance i've been apparently looking for all this time. I'm getting lots of juicy citrus, with a whiff of pom, topped with a just picked strawberry.  It has a super fun strong blast at the front, which can sometimes be headache inducing, but here it's a wild mouth watering ride. For me, this is  dreamy scent for Springtime, airy, fresh bottled happiness. 

I learned something new: I apparently amp rooibus the same way I amp red musk.  I could smell most of the notes at first when freshly applied. However, in what seemed like less than 5 minutes, all I could smell was the rooibus. Big surprise! I re-read the scent description & re-sniffed the decant, to make sure I wasn't reviewing the wrong blend.

I like rooibus, but won't need a bottle of this.

Definitely a strawberry scent on me. Outside of strawberry, the only other note I can pick out at all is the yuzu. The citrus does pull the scent more towards being a fruity, fresh scent, as opposed to more berry side of strawberry. I was hoping for much more of a citrus scent, so I'm disappointed.

Tart, sharp, sour grapefruit and yuzu with the pomegranate coming in through the drydown to give off its powdery sweet tarts candy thing.  I get a little bit of sweeter strawberry after a while, trying to smooth out all of the tart, sour tones, but it's overall just too much for me.