Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I am delighted by this on first test. I'd opened it to sniff it a few times (and also to let it get a little air before testing it), and I'd been a little concerned that the scent might be a little bit bitter in the bottle. But that didn't prove true when testing it on skin. In the bottle, there was a bitter black tea (good but needed to be balanced by something), a sharp sandalwood (again, not a bad thing alone for me, but balance not happening here), and a hint of the jasmine that I was hoping for (with very little of the cedar, incense/smoked elements, or sweet sage).

Once it hit my skin, the sweeter and maltier and smokier notes immediately started appearing, warming up the scent and making it absolutely delicious! (Fortunately not in a way that actually makes me want to chew on myself, and I have enough self control not to lick my own wrists, perfume is not for consumption, I know this.)

This is a sweet smoky jasmine blending and balancing a slightly bitter but malty black tea. There's a soft warm haze of incense that blends the wood notes of the sandalwood and cedar beautifully, and the sweet sage is a bright, very slightly green herbal note that softens any last harsh edges that the scent might have had. It's a very comforting scent (which is not necessarily what I would have expected with the name).

The smokiness is really what stands out to me with this scent. I really like it, though, as it's not a heavy smoke scent. The wood delights me in this scent as well.

Testing from a decant received yesterday.

In the bottle, its very strong on the tea, a similar tea to Dad Let Me Do Your Makeup. As soon as it hits the skin, it becomes much woodier and smokier but both are lightweight despite their prominence. As it wears, the tea comes back and balances with the smoky cedar to become surprisingly clean and light. Im not getting particularly strong Jasmine.

Inspection really tickled my brain when I read the notes, and I considered blind-bottling it. I’m glad I found a decant, because it did not play out as I hoped…. An almost soapy clean scent in its wet phase, a cleanliness that carries into the dry phase, yet entwines with a smoky note and some dry cedar. I’m guessing it’s the incense that’s not working for me, though not sure.
There is a tiny hint of jasmine in there, but I only notice it because I’m looking for it. Not getting tea, and maybe just a scrape of sage. 

Hmmm… glad this Inspection works on other skins. In theory, it’s gorgeous, in practice, it fails for me.

this opens with tea, sage and cedar. the sage is pretty strong. it's herbal, smoky and slightly medicinal as the incense mingles with sage. it almost has the sinus clearing properties of eucalyptus after being on the skin about 10 minutes. i finally get some jasmine after about 20-30 minutes. at this point i like it better as the smokiness and sage has died down a bit, and now it's more of a jasmine incense. the more jasmine i get the more i like it, but i am on the fence about this one. it may be a bit too herbal for me, and i need to re-try. 

Edited by theseagrows