Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Caitfish

Tenochtitlan

The greatest of all Aztec cities, and capital of their empire. Amber, hyssop, coriander, epazote, Mexican sage, prickly pear and Mexican tulip poppy.

Oh huh, I'd sniffed this from a friend before, possibly even tested it on the skin, and been uninterested. Giving it more time on the skin was a really good idea. It's pretty muddled on my skin for the first bit of time.

But after about 30 minutes, it settles into a lovely sage, poppy, and prickly pear fruit scent with some other herbal undertones and a gently resinous backdrop.

I don't love this enough for a bottle, but I'm happy to have the imp!

Edited by ShadowEtienne

Tenochtitlan is interesting in that it begins as a juicy, fruity, green scent and morphs into the opposite -- arid and spicy. Wet, it's prickly pear forward with a slap of fresh greens from the hyssop and coriander. It has the same feel as Mean Green Production Project during this stage. It doesn't take long (five minutes or so) for it to turn intensely spicy on my skin. The juiciness fades away and I'm left with spicy, dry amber and sage with a hint of pear. I can't detect any floral, wet or dry.

I highly prefer the wet stage, and it's too brief for me to consider wearing this again. I'll be passing on my imp.