Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet brandy, dark rum, heavy cream, sugar, and a dash of nutmeg.

Going to skip the extensive review, because my wonderful experience w/ Egg Nog was much like everyone else's. DELICIOUS. And all the spicey rumminess needs to last much longer. Will definitely be slathering. :P

So, why do I bother to post? Because the drydown smelled of powdery sweet handmade marshmallows, and lasted a *long* time. I was walking around in an aura of marshmallow-y goodness and making people smell me. It's really amazing what smelling like confections can do for your mood.

Mmmm...this is the really high-quality homemade spiked eggnog, not the cheap sh*t from the grocery store! :P Beth's luscious rum note, with spices and cream. Surprisingly, not too-too sweet; quite wearable...but don't be surprised if people want to lick you. :D

In the bottle: Smells so good! Definitely boozier than the stuff I'm drinking out of a mug right now, and sweeter, but so good smelling.

On: Still good...

Ten minutes later: Crap. I smell like I've rubbed a cheap candle all over myself. It's gone all vanilla and waxy on me.

Sigh...I really love eggnog, too. Guess I'll have to stick to drinking the stuff instead of trying to wear it...

Rich, creamy, boozy yummy goodness.

I love the nutmeg note, and it's just so *creamy*. It makes me feel slipery. :P

I put it on in the afternoon, and it was starting to fade by the end of the night.

In the bottle: yummy! I have never had egg nogg (the drink), but this smells devine.

sweet, creamy, touch of rum.

wet: Exactly the same as in the bottle.

dry: Stays really close to the same scent on as in the bottle. Very sweet and creamy definitly a keeper for me!

This is perfect from the bottle!! In fact, I'm trying hard not to drink it! I agree with whoever said it smells a bit like Baileys in the bottle too...it does! Numnums.

On my skin, mmMMMM! Egg Nog is is my favourite of the Yule blends I've tried (Snow White, Sugar Cookie, Gingerbread Poppet and Hearth)....it's just what I hoped it would be, and more! It's really soft, not overpowering in any way, but still has a delicious sillage, and I can smell the smooth, smooth rum and brandy, sweet cream and a hint of nutmeg. The egg is perfectly blended too...a creamy egginess! I'm going to lick my hand if someone doesn't drag it away from me.

The final drydown is an edible, soft sugary creamy vanilla with a hint of rum. This is a light fragrance, and the lasting power is only about an hour on me, but it's totally worth reapplying, and overall: Yumyumyumyumyum!

PS: I agree too with the mentions of the PlayDoh note. Though I didn't notice it at first, it's slightly reminiscent of the PlayDoh note in CD Hypnotic Poison - but without the bitter almond, carraway, licorice and florals of HP! :P. I should say though, that this note doesn't play too strongly on my skin in either scent.

So far Egg Nog has stayed somewhat behind on the other yule sweeties.

On my skin it's to dense, sweet, and lays flat without doing much. It dried down in a sweet vanilia and last in that stage for almost all the day But it's pleasant and wearable, maybe good to layer with.

I started out loving this scent. In the bottle its rich and creamy - dead on for a glass of eggnog.

The smell is good during the wet phase but then when it dries I end up with a waxy vanilla smell - also sort of Play Doh like.

Going to have to let go of this one. Luckily I looooove Gingerbread Poppet so my Yule order wasnt completely a bummer.

Initial Sniff:This was a gift from my Swapfaery, Astburygrrl. Yummy sweet creamy boozy goodness! This is boozier than any eggnog that I've ever personally tasted, but I wouldn't mind a sip!

Wearing: The booziness disappears almost immediately, leaving a creamy smooth freshly cooked eggnog scent. It is sweet and oh-so-lickable! The egg smell disappears over more time... whoever (Brooke?) said it smells like fresh homemade marshmallows was right. This has great staying power - bonus!

Final Impressions: My Swapfaery knew me better than I knew myself. Egg Nog is everything I had hoped Sugar Cookie and Gingerbread Poppet would be. This is the best foody scent I've tried so far. I will hoard my bottle jealously, and be sad when it is gone!

I love eggnog :D so I had great hopes for this one, sadly my skin took the vanilla note and amped it up.

In the bottle, mmm eggnog :D .

For a few seconds I smell what this could be and it is beautiful, then... vanilla, sticky and cloying. Some vanilla notes my skin loves, some it hates. Stupid skin! :P

Off to be swapped, hopefully to be loved by its new owner as much as I wanted to love it!

I received a decant of this from the kind Brownbat.

In the vial: Sweet and boozy. Yup, it's egg nog.

Wet: Still cream and creamy. My skin seems to have sucked up the rum.

Drydown: Haha, just kidding. The rum popped back out, but the creaminess remains.

Final thoughts: Alas, it's really not all that long-lasting on me. My skin really seems to like sucking it up!

This scent was ordered as an afterthought, and now I'm glad I got it!

I think it smells fantastic. I keep smelling some yummy vanilla custard like smell and realize it is me as I turn my head.

In the bottle the rum/alcohol scent is pretty strong. I've never had eggnog, but this seems pretty dead on to how I would expect it to smell. As it dried down on my skin the rum faded away and I'm left smelling mostly creaminess, but the nutmeg and a note of something like cinnamon comes out.

It is very foody, spicy, but it doesn't make me want to gnaw off my wrist like some of the other foody scents. Interestingly enough, my skin makes this something similar to Snow White after I've worn that for a few hours.

Eggnog

Initial Impression

Something in here reminds me of frosting. This is the sort of scent that might inspire instant diabetes. I guess it's the sugar and cream, rising to the top of this scent. There's also a bit of booziness, and that dash of nutmeg which smells more like a dollop of nutmeg. Yum. A bit sweet smelling, but yum all the same.

Wearing It

Well, thank gods, the sweetness makes a pleasing retreat when this hits my skin. I no longer smell like whipped frosting, but instead like cream and brandy with plenty of nutmeg mixed in. This is still a very sweet scent, but not so sweet that I'm about to fall over and twitch from sugar overdose. Actually, at this stage it's a very relaxing scent. The nutmeg isn't too strong -- just enough to add that pleasant holiday spice -- and the booze isn't so strong that I smell like a lush. Instead it's just sweet alcohol and spice. Very pleasant.

Unfortunately I think there may be some vanilla in here that is just strong enough to upset my stomach (I don't do vanilla scents very well). So even though the close smell of this is really nice, the wafting scent of it sometimes upsets me. Oh well...

Eggnog, being a favorite holiday drink of mine, has at the very least been a pleasure to try.

I just got my hands on a decant of Egg Nog. Oh, excitement! Thanks, allelujiah!

Except...it does smell like Play-doh immediately on contact with my skin. This has never happened before. :D

It smells excellent in the bottle, though. Just like homemade, boozy eggnog. :D Can't quite decide what to do with this, seeing as how I obviously won't be wearing it. Maybe it's time to buy an oil burner...

ETA: The Play-doh scent picked up a semi-vanilla, semi-cake batter component after ~20 minutes. Unfortunately not enough to kill Play-doh, though. :P

Edited by scourgeotheseas

Delicious, rummy creamy goodness! I don't know what I could possibly add to the other reviews except to add one more voice to the "dead-on" cheer. It smells so delicous in the bottle, and on my skin it just gets more nutmeggy and rummy, but is still smoothed out by the cream scent. It's tangy, it's soft, it'll get you into trouble at the office holiday party. What more could you want?

In bottle: Mmmm. This smells exactly like the rich beverage my family enjoys at Christmas. Thick and heavy, rich and creamy - our version never had much alcohol in it 'cuz kids drank it, but this has a boozy note that adds to the decandence.

On me: This is delicious. I'm so tempted to just drink this little bottle up. It isn't overpowering but it becomes quite light on the skin. I didn't imagine it'd be so lovely. My grandfather, who loved eggnog and was the one we bought it for, passed away earlier this year, and this brings back many lovely memories of him.

I was kind enough to get a decanted imp of this. I usually don't go by how an oil smells in the bottle, but Egg Nog did raise an eyebrow in that it's the first BPAL I have not been able to smell in the vial!

Once on my skin (and it was a good swipe) it has a smell that phaedrine so eloquently put into words:

Crap.  I smell like I've rubbed a cheap candle all over myself.  It's gone all vanilla and waxy on me.

And on me it's incredibly faint, like I rubbed a cheap vanilla candle or cheap vanilla body lotion on 4-6 hours previous. Dangit. What does a girl have to do to get some buttery vanilla/cream into her life?

First sniff out of the bottle- Sharp and boozy! Smells like brandy to me.

After 10 minutes- Smells just like Eggnog! :P Mmmmmm, creamy, nutmeggy goodness. Wait a minute...where did it go? Now I smell nothing. ::sniff sniff:: The scent disappeared! Nooooo! I want my Eggnog back!

After 30 minutes- Ok, that was weird. I went and made myself some coffee and as I was pouring the coffee creamer in I got a huge whiff of....Eggnog! Hey, it came back! Woo Hoo! Now I am getting a bit of the smell others are calling 'Playdoh'...but I like it, so it is not a bad thing. Call me crazy, but I like creamy nutmeg playdoh! :D

Summery- :D

I don't know what real egg nog smells like, but how could I resist a sweet nutmeggy brandy and rum scent?

I feel like I could get drunk off the scent in the bottle. Sadly, on my skin, I get the same sort of vanilla candle scent others have mentioned. How cruel! To add insult to injury--or perhaps the other way around, it feels like it's burning a little bit.

In a desperate attempt to make Egg Nog work for me, I put more on. "Topping up" helped lessen the candle-scent, but it's still there. :P

I'm so sad. My skin tends to make the buttery-vanilla scents I want to love, into waxy-plasticky vanilla. I'll have to try to find an off-skin way to wear this.

I recieved this from the lovely Pkwench.... thank you love :P I get the same vanilla candle note as well, but then it completely disappears! What a shame... cause I really wanted to smell some good egg nog! :D

I don't drink Egg Nog, but I love the smell of it. The scent of it is so delicious that it makes me content to just sniff away. When I was presented with something in a bottle that smelled as good, I jumped at the chance – I love sweet and spicy scents mixed, so it seemed like the perfect choice for me for the holidays.

First sniff: Thick. Sweet, sweet, SWEET! This may even be too sweet for me, and I have a sweet tooth. It's tooth-achingly sweet...

On application: The sweet is still strong, but on my skin, the spice and the booze start to pop up. At first, I wasn't sure about it. It still seemed too richly sugary for me.

After drydown: Every time I wear this, I love it more. It dries down to boozy, creamy, spicy deliciousness. A small amount goes a long way. It's soothing and festive at once, a very cozy and warm scent. I'd call it a warm nut brown, with a lot of cream to it – it's very creamy, and the nutmeg scent is enough to cut into the sweetness and give it depth. It's intoxicating just to wear. It makes me crave a dark-rum-spiked chai latte.

Well...it smells like egg nog! Very nice and sweet without being too heavy on my skin. I bet this oil would smell delicious in a burner too. I'll have to try that!

Initial Sniff: Mmm.. Yum :D

On my skin: Very creamy with a dash of rum.

After 1 hour: Dead on! This smells like delicious, home made egg nog made with lots of rum and nutmeg. I <3 Xmas and Egg Nog makes me think of Xmas :P

Final verdict: One of my favorite LE's. This stays with me all day, without being overly strong. Sometimes I forget I'm even wearing it and am pleasantly surprised when it wafts up. I'm so excited that this worked for me. :D

This is a short review, because it's the only scent I've ever merely sniffed, rather than actually trying out.

That said:

Egg Nog smells, in the bottle, exactly like egg nog. And when I smelled it in the bottle, I realized, "You know, actually, I don't really want to smell like egg nog, nor do I want my house or bath to smell like egg nog, because I can't actually drink this perfume."

And if it doesn't smell like egg nog, I'll be disappointed.

So, it's off to swaps. I should have gone with Skadi instead, it seems.

I was putting off trying Egg Nog because I was afraid it would go the way of Gingerbread Poppet and turn to Play-doh on me (let it be said that the Poppet is my favourite oil to put in the burner, though!). I felt in need of a pick-me-up today and decided to go for it.

In the bottle: Smells like Baileys! Creamy, rich alcohol with a touch of spice underneath. I really wanted to taste it, but resisted temptation.

On me, wet: The alcohol's quite strong, but delicious. However, every so often it smells just like this (admittedly really nice) sweet medicine my mother used to give me as a child! Now I'm wondering if she spiked it with rum... :D

On me, dry: The medicine smell has completely vanished, thankfully! The alcohol is mostly gone, but occasionally wafts up to my nose. What I'm left with is a creamy, rich, deep spiced egg-and-vanilla that is positively luscious. Oh, I am so happy that this works on me! It's like the highest quality egg nog, made with only the best hand-picked ingredients. I'm in love.

The only thing wrong with Egg Nog is that my skin eats it up! This is easily solved by applying more than I usually would, and then I'm surrounded by a yummy warm haze that has really improved my mood. :P

ETA: Just put some of this in the oil burner... it may surpass my love for Gingerbread Poppet as a room scent. It is sinfully, obscenely good!

Edited by Rhian