Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

From Facebook: Chocolate + Pickles is a combination of three chocolates (for Zoe, Lilith’s chocolate lab) and vanilla buttercream (for Lilith’s fluffy white retriever, Pickle)

Fudge brownie with chocolate chips. Not much throw or longevity and doesn't morph, but it smells delicious while it lasts!

In the bottle: Chocolate (I think one is milk chocolate, and there may be some cocoa in here as well, but there's no cocoa absolute floating in this) with vanilla buttercream (made with vanilla extract). Now I want some cake.

Wet: Chocolate with thick vanilla buttercream. Even though the description mentions three chocolates being present in this blend, I am getting a lot of the vanilla buttercream. It quickly becomes the strongest note on me. So it's not as chocolate-y as one might expect (certainly not as chocolate-y as Bliss).

Dry: The vanilla cream is still the dominant note on me, with some chocolate lingering in the background. So I guess on my skin, it's more Pickle than chocolate?

I tried it on the boy, and it was heavy on the vanilla buttercream on him, too.

Verdict: I told myself that I was not allowed to buy any more chocolate scents, and then I caved and got this because this is a Lilith creation. Well, it ended up working out because it's more vanilla buttercream than chocolate on me anyway. I am happy that I have a bottle, not only because I smell like vanilla buttercream and chocolate, but also because it features some of the most adorable Lilith artwork yet. (It's a bar of chocolate and a pickle holding what appears to be an ice cream cone, sundae (there's a cherry on top), or snowcone on a boat with a heart on the sail.) Thanks to my wonderful fairy for picking this one up for me! :wub2:

Edited by dementia_divine

On wet, it's mainly a fudgy chocolate buttercream. As it dries, the chocolate dissipates on my skin and I get more of a vanilla buttercream. Unfortunately the type of butter or cream note is the type to go somewhat plasticky on my skin, so it ends up like a really nice vanilla plasticky doll smell. Medium throw, good wear length.

Wet this is very chocolate forward- somewhere between dark and milk chocolate for me. Early dry down the buttercream is dominant, smells like the same note from Cake Smash v6. Not plastic on my skin fortunately. Late dry down is a mash of the two stages. Milky chocolate and buttercream swirled together but definitely not a chocolate buttercream just a mix of the two notes.

Very sweet very foods pretty straightforward.

In The Bottle: A light, very sweet, slightly dusty chocolate followed by a hint of rich buttercream.

Wet On Skin: The chocolate is quite light here. Mostly I'm getting a sugary vanilla with a dusting of cocoa powder on top.

Dry Down: The chocolate vanishes entirely and I'm left with a very light, sweet buttercream. On my skin, it is a very close cousin to Egg Nog, without any nutmeg.

In All: For me, chocolate scents are always hit (Bliss; Cacao Pod) or terribly miss (Candy Butcher, I'm looking at you). Unfortunately, in spite of three types of chocolate being present in this blend, my skin gives me not a one :sad:
well, of to the swaps it goes!

Edited by VioletChaos

I wasn't expecting to get any of the vanilla buttercream with how rich and fudgey this is in the bottle! But they balance quite well on my skin, I get the vanilla quite strongly under the chocolate which lightens up from fudge to more a chocolate buttercream. Delicious.