Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

The Library is Haunted

Why does she insist on turning every conversation into a reading challenge?

An ephemeral white chypre with honeysuckle, blue lilac, a burst of wisteria, Italian neroli, jasmine sambac, and grave moss.

At Drag Con, this mostly smelled like moss and neroli in the bottle (even the boy, who had no idea what was in the notes, sniffed it and was like, “Whoa! That's some moss!”). But when I applied it, I got a lot of honeysuckle... and then couldn't really concentrate on it properly because Drag on a Slime, which was on the finger next to it, was overpowering it. So I got a bottle just in case.

In the bottle: Neroli, moss, and flowers. I can pick out a bit of the bright honeysuckle and some jasmine, but I can't pick out the wisteria and blue lilac, and I'm not sure what comprises the white chypre. The neroli and moss stand out to me the most, though.

Wet: Neroli, moss, and a melange of floral notes. I do get more of the honeysuckle on my skin than I did from the bottle, but neroli, moss, and jasmine seem to stand out to me the most. I wonder if there's some white musk or ozone in the chypre, or if that's just the wisteria and the moss going sharp on me.

Dry: Eventually, the scent ends up calming down somewhat, and it ends up being primarily moss, jasmine, and neroli on me. I can finally smell the blue lilac during this stage of the scent, and I can still smell the honeysuckle, but it is not a main player on me.

Verdict: Those that enjoy moss and floral notes will likely appreciate this one. I was hoping for more honeysuckle from this, but alas, my skin brought out more of the moss, neroli, and jasmine. I'll let it settle for a few days and retest it, but I'm not sure this one is for me.

Wisteria, honeysuckle, jasmine chypre. This one is definitely a floral. There's a trace of lilac on wet, and when you first apply it, it's a honeysuckle-jasmine unapologetic floral in your face. It dries down to more a delicate floral. There's something that kinda smells almost like a hairspray note that I catch a whiff of every now and then, but it's not unpleasant but just there enough to remind you that this blend is artificial. In the same way that rose gold eyelids are artificial. Pretty, but not really found in nature, yanno? Medium throw and wear length.

Source: Decant Circle

Preconception: Jasmine and I have a history. Floral and I just, don't get along we'll say.

Vial: Floral's, hey! Light sweet bright.

Skin: Remarkably smooth and sweet, for being a floral. But then there's an after-smell that sort of burns you randomly. Floral but agressive. Which is in contrast to the otherwise smooth, sweet, gentle floral.

Drydown: I'm not strong with my floral notes, but this feels like a classic chypre. It's well blended, grounded, but also lovely neroli top note. It comes across slightly clean to me, but only just the barest touch. Those in love with gentle clean florals should enjoy this.

low-medium throw on me.

Wet: Lots and lots of flowers. I'm hoping the lilac will end up punching through the jasmine and honeysuckle, because those are the only two I can really smell right now.

Dry: Powdery floral. Giving me a slight headache. Nope nope.

Edited by donkehpoo

In the bottle: crisp, clean white musk. A little sharpness.

Wet: Lots of soft pale flowers, sweet and heady. The white musk is still clean and sharp. Smells like a nice soap.

Dry: Very faded, and powdery. Reminds me of a deodorant scent that would be called "Freshly Showered" or something