highgarden

lil stinker

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Ram
  • Aries
  • United States

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

The most disreputable district in early 20th-century Chicago. Blackened patchouli, smoke, and sorrow painted by sweet sugar and thick honey.

Disclaimer that I'm still recovering from a cold so this might not be quite accurate! Immediately, I get the patch, which isn't all that hippie/gnarly but sweetened by the sugar. About an hour in, I started getting a hit of cade smoke and it's still lingering but not overpowering an hour after that. The honey is starting to show through more, mellowing out the entire scent. Light/medium throw, and about four hours in, I can barely detect it on my skin.

#2 Deceitfuldescender

Deceitfuldescender

diabolical decanter

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • SotD:None D:
  • Ox
  • Cancer
  • Nothing Selected

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

Wet this is very vetiver on me, and as I dry down I get smoke, slightly sweetened smoke but mostly just smoke. It would seem I amp it. While not an unpleasant scent I was hoping the smoke would be a background note and not the forenote. Alas.

#3 zankoku_zen

zankoku_zen

The MacGyver of BPAL

• Members
  • 13,764 posts
  • Mood:BPAL Beast Mode
  • SotD:Permanently TALed UP
  • Ram
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

Smoky vetiver patchouli that dries down to a sugary patchouli with a smidge of smoky honey. It reminds me to Silkybat in that sugared patchouli sense right now. Good throw and wear length.

#4 ramblingrambler

ramblingrambler

a little too imp-ulsive

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Ox
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

This would be the PERFECT scent if it did not include honey. Waaaaah.

I stashed for a bit of aging, hoping the sweetness would recede, but it didn’t. Smells like a beautiful, deep smoked patchouli (with perhaps the faintest hint of vetiver), but the honey note throws it off on me. So, so sad.

#5 Lucchesa

Lucchesa

obsessive precious hoarder

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
  • Mood:sleepy
  • SotD:13 October 2017
  • Ram
  • Gemini
  • United States

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:08 PM

The Levee is dominated by a dark, smoky patchouli, though it doesn't scream vetiver to me, so if you can do smoke but not vetiver per se, this might still work for you.  It takes a long time on me for the sweet notes to develop, and they're never in the forefront, so it's definitely a patchouli scent with brown sugar and honey as supporting players.  This is super lovely - if you love Banshee Beat, Tricksy, #occupy or Nasty Woman, this is definitely one to try.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: C2E2 2018

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users