Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LizziesLuck

Dana O'Shee Bath Oil

In Irish folklore the Dana OShee are a fae, elven people that live in a realm of beauty, their nobility akin to our that own Age of Chivalry, eternally beautiful and eternally young. They surround themselves with the pleasures of the Arts, they live for the hunt, and to this day can be seen riding in procession through the Irish countryside at twilight, led by their King and Queen. However, the Dana OShee are not benevolent creatures, despite what their unearthly beauty may imply. They are vengeful and treacherous and possess a streak of mischievous malice, and many have whispered that their true home lies deep in the shadowed groves of the Realm of the Dead. Hearing even a single chord of their otherworldly music leaves one stunned and lost to the mortal realms for ever, finding themselves prey to the Dana OShees hunt or enslaved in their Court as servants or playthings.

Offerings of milk, honey and sweet grains were made to placate these creatures, and it is that the basis of the scent created in their name.

I have JUST started using bath oils for their original purpose - in the bath! It turns out I LOVE using them this way, OMG they make my skin so soft!! Dana was not very strong in the bath itself, but was lovely on my skin afterward. As such, I think I will keep this one as a moisturizer and use some of the stronger scents in the bath. This is totally true to the perfume, they smell identical to my nose. Honey with milk and hints of something nutty (to my nose it's like almond). I <3 Dana and I glad to now have the BO and HG!!

I just started using bath oils also, as a post-shower moisturizer in this ridiculous dry weather. Dana O'Shee is gorgeous. It goes on slightly thicker than other oils and spreads widely. The scent remains all day, although close to the skin, and is true to the perfume oil — sweet creamy grains. Magnificent.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Post's bath oils. I use mine as a moisturizer, but only once in awhile, as it's a bit pricey:) The scent is very similar to the oil. I have a super aged bottle, so it's a bit different, though I think I prefer it fresh. I do wish it was a bit more stronger, as I do with the perfume and especially the atmosphere spray as well. I will treasure my bottle, and use it for special occasions. Hopefully it will get a bit stronger with some age behind her.

Another happy customer for Dana O'Shee bath oil here: it smells very much like the Lab scent, but (agreed with Milo above that it resembles) the fresh version. Of course I've found that the Post products scents age in a similar fashion to the Lab's.

Fresh Dana O'Shee smells like honeyed cream with a hint of grains. The scent is soft, comforting, and reminds me of products like Burts Baby Bee creams, without smelling like them. There's a similarity to baby oil also. This fragrance garnered a compliment from the partner, who almost never notices although not sure if the scent was the hair gloss or the bath oil as I was wearing both to double up the good smells. The oil and hair gloss smell identical on me. I also get a smell association with pearls with the scent, similar to Fluerette's Purple Snails (no violet or orris, just a silky smell).

Nota bona: I utilize the bath oils in the shower, as I rarely take time out for a bath, although I've tried bath oil as originally intended also. Usually I moisturize post shower, while still dripping wet, and towel dry after giving time for the oil to absorb (hopefully that isn't TMI, but I think I capitalized on the moisturizing aspect best with this method and it's incredibly dessicating this time of year in the mile high city).

TL;DR: Lovely, soft scent evocative of a baby bathed in honeyed cream with cereal that's very similar to fresh Dana O'Shee from the Lab. Scent has good sillage but limited longevity as an after shower moisturizer. Love this and wish I had moar.

Edited by sprout