Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White pine, palmarosa, Roman chamomile, patchouli, and lavender.

On wet, this is mainly lavender and pine, and as it dries, I get more of the chamomile and patchouli. It becomes much grittier and dirtier. It starts off as a very cool, fresh lavender, and then chamomile/patchouli tag team its way to dominance of the blend. Good throw, and wear length.

In the bottle it is mostly pine, but on my skin it smells like Christmas trees in expensive hotel lobbies. It smells like the subtle cologne of passing businessmen and the astringent scent of places that are always clean.

In the bottle: Something similar to pinesol, but also chocolate? Initially not a fan, but I gave it a go

Wet: Sweet mint, and a touch of evergreen. Real evergreen, not the gross candles. I was surprised how quickly this changed into something I liked.

Drydown: The sweet mint recedes, and the chamomile comes through. The further it dries, the less I smell of the evergreens, the more I smell the tea. There's also a touch of lavender that comes through, very subtle, that helps tone down the sweetness of the chamomile.

Fully dry: The chamomile is front and center, a wonderful sweet lemon and tea scent. There's a hint of the lavender and an herby touch of green; like making tea and popping in a small bundle of herbs to add flavor.

I honestly didn't think I would like this one, based on the notes. I've always had a dislike for lavender and patchouli, the former because of candles and the latter because it's constantly used in shops and by people in the city I'm in. But all the other notes in this are really nice; it really makes me think there's a hot cup of tea somewhere nearby that I made (and forgot) while doing laundry. (It also smells very very similar to those calming cat collars- which are predominately chamomile and lavender.)

In the imp: I'm getting lots of pine and chamomile.

Wet: There's a blast of lavender, and then the pine and chamomile emerge. Then, a citrus-y note emerges. Maybe that's the palmarosa?

Dry: It's a citrus-y pine, lavender, and chamomile scent. I can't pick out the patchouli, but I'm sure it's contributing to the general warmth of the scent. After several hours of wear, the chamomile becomes a lot stronger, but hasn't overtaken the citrus or pine notes.

Verdict: I'll be keeping my imp.

Wet: Strong, sharp, bold, icy, sinus-opening lavender on me. My favorite! Like being outside on an early subzero morning, everything glittering with frost, so cold it hurts to breathe.

As it dries: A touch of pine mixed in now, and a hint of chamomile way in the background. Reminds me of walking in fresh, powdery snow as the sun warms the air just a little.

Completely dry and as time passes: A suggestion of patchouli, making it warmer and more comforting, like after you've come indoors from playing in the snow.

This I would buy in 5ml bottles, definitely. Love!

Head-clearing, focal, cobweb-banishing business, Stillness is. Herbal, woodsy goodness. The primary notes are available like stripes in the sillage: pine, chamomile, and lavender. The palmarosa and patchouli are less prevalent on my skin. This is wintry stillness distilled, for those who leaned into trees as kids to get a good inhale and who blurred sap with their fingertips. The scent version of seeing your breath hang in the cold air—so simple, so binary. Beautiful and perfect for this time of year.

Extremely woodsy and herbal: stopping by the woods on a snowy evening. Evocative of stillness—moves from a snow blanketed woods to an evening inside by the fireplace (no smokiness, just cozy).

In the imp - Mmm, realistic pine.

Wet on my skin - Beautiful, realistic, herbal pine and cool night air.

Dry - I really like this, and I think I'd buy a bottle of it if I could. I love realistic foresty scents, and this is one of the nicer ones I've tried so far. The pine is smooth and cool, like sticking your face in a snowy Christmas tree under a still, cold, starlit sky. The herbs brighten the pine a little after a bit, with the chamomile most prominent (like a mug of chamomile tea after you've come indoors to warm up, maybe), and the patchouli keeps the whole blend from verging into cleaning solution or air freshener territory. So pretty. Can we have this as a bottle someday? Please? :D

This didn't hit my nose as foresty, just woody with a cool, herbal lavender base. I might have guessed that some type of white musk was in here, based on the way it wafts and sticks around on my skin, but nope. The individual notes don't poke out too much, though--it's just something calm, refined, elegant, and simple. I agree that it smells expensive, somehow, like being in a luxurious place. It's seriously beautiful and I'm a little heartbroken that I can only have an imp of it.

IN THE IMP: Very very very CLEAN. Lavender for sure and a clean, fresh, bright note that just makes me think of a clear cloudless blue sky rather than something with an actual scent. Stillness is the perfect name for this.

WET: Still just very very clean. I think it may be the chamomile that is predominant ... it is "soapy" but not in a bad way for me. Hey, I like soap.

DRYDOWN: The lavender comes out more as it dries but more like a dried lavender sachet. I smell sort of old ladyish, but hey, I AM an old lady!

OVERALL: I find this really lovely and calming. I don't think it's right for me as a perfume scent but I'd buy it in a heartbeat as an atmo or bath oil.

I get pine and patchouli from this. it smells good and would be fine as a room scent, but it's way too masculine for me to wear. Plus, patch isn't usually good for my allergies.

Edited by RavenintheWind

Stillness wet is predominantly lavender, like nearly every lavender blend on my skin. But it also highlights pine, and as it dries down that pine edges out the lavender as the dominant component. My skin usually devours lavender, but it lasts longer than usual in Stillness, backed up by the chamomile. I'm not getting a lot of patchouli here (which is fine), and I have no idea what palmarosa smells like. All in all a sort of woodsy herb garden, maybe like the lavender gardens on the Olympic Peninsula, and a marvelous scent experience. I'm so pleased I got to try these imps -- thank you, Lisa!!!

opens with a blast of Pinesol and Dr. Teals Lavender Epsom Salts, and then calms down to a beautiful herbal blend that i would kill for a bottle of. wahhhhhhh i wish the Lab would make this available!

This starts out with a medicinal lavender, and then turns into the pine solo act. And this pine is a very strong, harsh one on me. It sort of drifts back and forth between "floor cleaner" and "men's aftershave," and just isn't really my thing. Love Silence, though!

This reminds me of Burial, but it's smoother, and calmer. The patchouli almost smells nutty to me, and the pine, mixed with the lavender is cool and astringent. Pleasant and reminiscent of a forest.

It's really sharp and clear to start with. I think I mainly get lavender and possibly pine, which is refreshing and cool.

As it dries down, I get a weird dish detergent thing happening. I wonder if I had a dish soap with one or more of these scents at some point... The main scents don't last super long on me but the soapiness hangs around faintly for a while.

i received a frimp of this in a swap! the pine is very strong at first-i thought i was smelling citruses, but i think it's just the pine mixed with lavender. after the drydown it's primarily lavender with pine and hints of chamomile. it's very bright and crisp. i don't seem to get any patchouli at all.

I thought of a strong mint at first when putting this on, but then I read the notes again - so, yeah, that's really a very bright pine in there, fill on.

It's very medicinal and clean, neither resinous nor smokey.

Not getting much else. Maybe a hint of herbal lavender?

It stays lemony pine on me. A bit herbal, a bit like a cleaning agent.

It's not too bad, but it's also a bit less perfumey than I expected.