Six Geese-A-Laying
Five Golden Rings
Four Calling Birds
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves and a
Partridge in a Pear Tree

Chestnut milk with honey and hay.

Oh. My. Goddess.

I knew, from description alone, that this was a must-have. Even though I don't use glosses that often, even though I literally have ten other bottles already languishing. I knew. I *KNEW*.

And I was RIGHT!

There is the light and sweet hay note from Surreal Crawdad, which I was hoping for, and yes, the honey is in there, sweetening the pot a bit more. But that chestnut milk. That's the money shot right there. If there was a scent, a single note, of ONLY chestnut milk, I'd be forced to buy multiple bottles. This note is so gloriously creamy, so beautifully...earthy? at the same time- it's just...glorious.

Let me put it this way- chances are excellent that I will be using this on my skin, whether or not my hair is in need of a spritz! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Milk and honey scents are usually a bit meek for my tastes, so I'm thankful for the hay note to give it a bit more presence. This is mild and sweet, though not in a confectionary way. I have extremely short hair and usually just smooth the gloss over after spraying it into my palms. As such, this lingered on my hands for a bit and left me smelling at them for an hour or two afterwards. Subtle and not exactly long-lasting, but noticeable enough for me to think "awh, that's nice" a number of times while smiling to myself. Has sort of a Sweater Party vibe? Smells the way you feel when someone says your favorite knit looks cute on you, haha~

Eight Maids-a-Milking was a good blind buy for me. If you like the hay note, consider at least trying this, because it's used to great advantage here and comes through strongly. Actually, I can smell all the notes: chestnut, milk, honey, and hay. Ultimately this is essentially a 'milk and honey' scent, but better. The hay and chestnut add a lot and really elevate it to something more interesting and for me, wearable. Comforting and cosy, mellows into a skin scent for my hair.

Umfg,,,this stuff is amazing. The hay (which is always this beautiful perfumey, slightly spicy scent on me) is prominent and backed up by the chestnut milk, which does smell different to me (less sour) than the Lab's usual milk note. The honey doesn't overpower at all, it just adds a lovely sweetness to the scent. LOVE this. I have been wanting a hay HG to wear with Hay Moon and the few other hay scents I have, and this is it.

I put this on for comfort, warmth (& anti static) on a chilly day; it didn't disappoint! :wub3: Upon spritzing, I was getting a slightly toasted/nutty

rich creaminess. Later when I undid my braid by the fire, it was all honey-sweetened hay. Delicious and pairs beautifully with Canis Major.

I suspect it will complement any honey scent. Come hither, Snake's Kiss and Womb Furie, have I got a :heart: hair gloss for you!