Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dust, rags, leather, and shining steel.

Brown leather, steel and a touch of dust. Honestly, this makes me think of a cross between Quincy Morris and the Torture Queen. If you've ever been craving a replacement for Quincy Morris, I'd give this puppy a whirl. Good throw and wear length.

ZZ's review is correct. This is like Torture queen and Quincy Morris had a love child and this is the result. Very cologney with leather. Pass.

Leather, the note that smells like motor oil to me (from Amaxaphobia and Steal Phoenix), and a metallic cologne vibe. This strikes me as very maculine. Torture Queen smells higher pitched to me, shiny. This smells like old, tarnished metal. The Old Goblin keeps popping into my head even though the notes are different. I think it's the mix of warm notes with the chilly cologne. I am not a fan of either, but if you like metallic/cologne blends, this has it in spades. I could see it being a marvelous role playing blend for a pirate or steam punk character.

Edited by VetchVesper

I also get motor oil, leather, and metal. very dirty and grimey ... and yet there's something about it I like on my skin

*edit. hours later it's a LOT softer. I can only smell it when I put nose to wrist. but the scent itself is softer (less harsh), more perfume than grime.

Edited by Roogna

Granted, I applied The Old Robber Woman straight out of the shower onto my middle-aged skin, but it didn't last very long on me. It was interesting while it did: dusty leather and ball bearings? The metallic note often reminds me not of motor oil but of the oil my father and grandfather used when cleaning their shotguns. So that, and leather, and I should give it another try on unwashed skin or over an unscented lotion to see if I can improve the wear length on me.

Robber Woman is most prominent on the leather and steel right out of the gate. There's no gunpowder listed in the notes, but I'm getting gunpowder anyway. This is in the same vein as Fighter, but softer and with that mysterious gunpowder note (like in Black Hats). It settles in nicely, close to the skin. The dust is not the sneezy, thick type. The leather is not the harsh type. The dust and rags do a good job of softening the edges of what would otherwise be a harsh beginning. This is very rugged, like an old-west gunslinger.

If you can wear these notes, it should wear beautifully. On me, it settles in so well that it's a skin scent for me -- I smell like I've been working on cars outside all day. I like that.

Edited by supreme_c0rt

I got leather and metal upfront.  I know it's not in the notes but there was definitely sulfur/gunpowder note in this; it's present in the bottle as well.  

I've smelled like a very sexy man's cologne most of the day.   With time, this has worn down to lowkey--but fully--competent sharpshooter.

This is nicer than I expected it to be. I get a nice leather and some dust at first, with the leather being the dominant note throughout wear (and may be the one from De Sade Res? but it's been a while since I've sniffed it to confirm). But the cologne-y and somewhat citrus-y (is that you, white tea?) and sharp metal note ends up dominating the scent by the end of the day with just a trace of the sexy leather.

Alas, if only the steel note hadn't won out.