Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Violet petals shimmering with lilac, wild plum, midnight blue musk, and lime rind.

Violets are always my jam. So this definitely found its way into my cart.

Wet, it smells definitely a little high pitched from the lilac and plum, reminds me a bit of purple wine, for some reason. On the skin, wet, oh, it's a cacophony of smells! I get the sharp citrus snap and bite of lime pretty strong, and then it goes a bit more fruity because of the plum. Over all this is the pale gray-purple of lilac. Blue musk is always hard for me to pin down, but it's binding these high pitched notes down, only a bit. It's still very sharp while newly applied.

As it mellows, what is interesting is the oil/citrus/lime bite remains, even if it's not as uniformly LIME as previously. It adds a chewy bitterness to the blend, always a bit of an edge. Over time there's a thrum of violet. Not candy like, but more like melding with the blue musk to create a smooth shadow flower underneath the fangy lime.

This reminds me of a much less candy-like Purple Phoenix in some ways, but definitely not grapey or winey. It's got that same dusky purple fruits/floral as Morgause but sharply present, and definitely lime forward. Cold, iridescent white-green-gray-purple with shadows of blue-violet.

I think I may have stocked up real fast on this. It's a very bright lilac-violet-lime, once settled.

It's not lilac on the bush like I'm looking for, but this is very pretty. Lilac and violets right in front here, with some tartness from the lime. It doesn't feel overly bitter like lime can sometimes do, but it just adds a little interest. It keeps it from going to a very traditional, stuffy floral. It's quite nice.

Oh my word. You know how there are certain scents that just hit you in a place that's constitutionally irresistible? Lilac is that note for me because there was a lilac tree in the front yard of my childhood home, and the scent is a direct mainline to my heart. And this is my favorite lilac scent ever. To be fair, it's half lilac and half violet on me, a purpled dream plunged in plum and blue musk. The lime rind note hits the rim of this and makes a bright spot glint, running its course like light around a glass of purple cordial. Floral as f*ck, my friends, yet moody, musky, not on nature's side but on your own. This one wants you to live well and take names.

I bought one bottle and ordered two more.

Violets, plum, and blue musk. This to me smells like a more grown up version of the Sugar Plum Fairy. Good throw and good wear length.

In Imp/wet - Pale floral. musk, powdery violet, and lilac, with maybe a hint of citrus. This smells like the kind of floral that goes bad on me.

Freshly Applied - white floral mustiness

Five-ten minutes in - soft, airy, pale floral that reminds me slightly of a softer Warbler on the Plum without the tea note. Apparently this IS the kind of floral that works on me after all.

Half-hour in - soft, slightly powdery floral that's gotten noticeably softer just in the past fifteen minutes. This is well blended - I can't pick out any specific note at this point, just a soft, springlike sweet scent. This is very much a skin scent. Only a half-hour in, and I already have to put my nose right to the skin of my wrist in order to smell it.

So far I it, not enough to need a bottle, but definitely enough to keep and wear the imp for early/mid-spring days.

Wet: Surprisingly, the lilac overpowers almost everything right off the bat. I figured violet would stomp all over it, but so far this is lovely lilac with plum and a shimmery musk. Gorgeous! So unexpected. It actually smells a lot like a couple of imps of Bensiabel that I have (not my bottle, which sadly smells too strongly of leather, for whatever reason). This makes me extremely happy - finally a plum and lilac scent! So stunned the violet barely shows up at all, and so grateful, as it's one of my least favourite notes.

Dry: Yeah, this is gorgeous. This was a free sniffie from my decantress - I never would have tried it otherwise. SO HAPPY that I did. Just proves there is no such thing as a death note....I am getting a bottle. Who would have ever thought I would own a bottle with violet in it? If there is some tragic batch variation and I get a bottle that is pure violet though, I may cry.

This starts as a lovely, lush purple floral. The dusty violet and lilac combo plays nicely with the bright, tart lime in the opening. The plum is sweet and light. (Dirigible plums anyone?) As it wears on my skin, the lilac and violet jockey back and forth for lead position, while the plum grows darker and fuller in the background. With this being so purple, I guess it's not surprising it reminds me a bit of Purple Phoenix. Its gentler though. The dry down is soft, creamy, and floral, and seems more appropriate to spring than winter. Very pretty.

P.S. Read Lycanthrope's review and gotta agree with her on the Morgause comparison too, cause along with P. Phoenix, it flitted through my mind while sniffing. :D I think Morgause's heavier and got some incense vibes goin on though, while See How they Flash is much more strait up floral.

Edited by VetchVesper