Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the center of the chariot shines Capellas yellow-white brilliance.

A deep chthonic, earthy scent, with a glowing core: oakmoss, vetiver root, and patchouli with lemon rind and golden amber.

In the imp: A very earthy, almost herbal fruity scent. I expected the lemon rind to be sharp to the point of astringency, but this has and oddly... juicy quality to it? Might be the amber rounding things out.

Wet: This is a scent of wild places, a sunbeam piercing the canopy of the forêt sauvage. The vetiver is surprisingly well-behaved on me, deep and growling but not B.O. or burning tires, the way it can sometimes go. The amber-gilded lemon rind is still fairly dominant, but it's made dark and wild by the patch and just a hint of vetiver. At this point, I would compare it to Hemlock - a very realistic green, wild scent, but dark and mysterious instead of light and springy. Surprisingly little throw so far.

Dry: Huh, that's a surprise! I was worried that the oakmoss would take this blend straight to Soaptown, as it tends to do, but instead I get an oddly pretty, almost fruity-floral scent. The amber is much more prominent, and the patchouli is now providing an almost spicy warmth instead of grit. There's still a breath of wild, fresh air, but I would now call this a cheerful, even office-appropriate, scent. Earthy, maybe. Chthonic, not so much.

Oakmoss, patchouli, and a touch of amber. This one is pretty golden amber blend with a touch of herbiness and earthy rootiness. Good throw and wear length.

In the decant: Minty forest. I'm guessing it's the oakmoss and lemon rind.

Wet: Purple fruit, slightly sweet. Vetiver, patchouli, and amber gives it an earthy base with a bit of spice.

Dry: Amber with a tiny zing of lemon rind.

In the imp: Very foresty, oakmoss-heavy and vaguely fruity but specifically NOT lemony? It's quite odd. I get the impression this will be too masculine for me somehow, even though I wear oakmoss all the time.

Wet: Oakmoss and lemon rind primarily. The vetiver and patchouli weave in and out. The amber takes a minute to show up, and serves mostly to keep things from getting too bright green.

Dry: The amber has bloomed and is making friends with the lemon in a gorgeous way, taking turns with the greenness from the wet stage The two halves never really combine, unfortunately, and one hand smells much more lemony while the other much more green. It is at least not nearly as masculine as my first impression.

The description is apt, it's definitely a bright glowing core surrounded by darker earthiness. I wish I could just lift that bright core out and wear it alone, it suits a much different mood than the opening darkness so I don't really know when would be the right time to wear this. Low-average throw, good wear length.

Auriga opens as lemon amber on me.  It's an appealing combination.  The oakmoss is the next element I can pick out, and with the amber it gives me something earthy as the lemon fades away.  The patchouli and vetiver stay well in the background, though, and this is never as dark as I would like.  It's quite soft on me, with low throw and medium wear length.  A nice earthy oakmoss blend and good for folks who dislike any sweetness in their scents.