Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
roseus

Allodoxaphobia

Fear of Opinions

The discordant clang of silverware punctuates another heated rant, and Uncle Elliot whips out his phone to underscore his point with a Facebook meme he saw earlier in the day.

Flecks of cranberry sauce spatter the table as a fist pounds in anger: a boisterous, conflicted, bombastic lather of red pepper, boiled cranberries, and bergamot.

Very juicy cranberry scent. As it dries I get more red pepper which spices up the scent and makes it more festive. Like a new twist on the classic cranberry cinnamon combo. Not specifically getting bergamot but it could be adding some brightness. The throw is fairly low, but I don't mind as it could be overwhelming if it was too strong. Soft, but bright and cheerful.

Cranberry with a peel of red pepper, and a whiff of citrusy bergamot. Fruity, red, cranberry jam. Good throw and wear length.

Received as decant.

Hrm, I'm not sure my skin chemistry is jiving with this one, quite. While I get the cranberries, I also end up with something vaguely soapy about it on me. Like...if Bath and Body Works made a Cranberry Orange body wash, that's what I'm smelling. Which isn't horrible--definitely not a scrubber--but it wasn't quite what I was hoping for.

I wonder if that's the bergamot. Oh, please don't tell me that note goes off on me.

Bottle: Spicy cranberries with bergamot hanging out in the back.

Wet: Tart!!! Primarily cranberry and pepper with the bergamot adding extra sharpness. Very briefly skirted candle-esque territory until it was dry.

Dry: More pepper comes forward, with a quieter cranberry and some brightness from the bergamot. Gradually softens over the wear time.

I really really love this! I make homemade cranberry sauce from scratch, and this reminds me a lot of that. I'm happy that more of the pepper came through once it was dry. The bergamot wasn't very forward on me, but it brightened everything up nicely. A very cheery scent for those dreary winter days. ❄️

Wow, this was much smoother than I was expecting! The bergamot really keeps a calm lid on whatever's been brewing in that stovetop pan, and the cranberries have boiled down to a delicious sweet richness, with just a hint of spice from the pepper. Everything in the description really did sound a bit scary, but there's no need to be scared of this beauty. I almost sprang for a bottle, but I think I'll dig up a decant and live with it for a while first.

Allodoxaphobia is a fun spice-fruit blend.

Peppery boiled cranberries with an airy touch of bergamot. The pepper smells like both pink and black pepper to me. The cranberries smell boiled! (I'm not sure how that works.) The bergamot is the mildest citrus touch, more the orchard breeze than the orchard. 

I thought this one might sucker me into a bottle, but at least for my tastes, the pepper is a little too strong and the cranberries too boiled. I will enjoy the decant, though.

Wet: Spiced cranberry sauce.

Dry: Pretty similar to earlier, but there's a slight tartness coming through that was missing from earlier.

This is just OK. If you want to smell like cranberry sauce, try this! Otherwise I'd recommend Fig & Cranberry Sufganiyot for a good cranberry fix.