Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SadariEvenstar

Pumpkin Brownies

Swirled with caramel and topped with sour cream frosting.

A pumpkin I can wear! This is so delicious and not a drop of spices to make it smell like a candle.

eta: There is a little bit of something that smells a little spicy as it dries down, but it doesn't really smell like cinnamon. Anyway, I decided to take one for the team and slathered it on my inner elbows directly after a bath. No reaction! I get massive painful welts from cinnamon, especially when I'm fresh from the shower, so I don't think this is cinnamon I'm detecting. I have no idea what it is though.

Edited by SadariEvenstar

In The Bottle: Pumpkin spice and gooey chocolate! Swoooooon.

Wet On Skin: More of the same.

Dry Down: Oh, HAI PUMPKIN! The buttery pumpkin note we all love hath finally made its appearance and it's great! This is a well-balanced blend of pumpkin, pie spice, and a light dusting of dry cocoa. The Lab has really perfect the dry cacao note, it's shown up a lot in the last year or so, and I could;don't be happier, because Beth just keeps making scents that I adore and the dry chocolate note is a great base to use when we get tired of woods and resins. I wish the cocoa was a little heavier on me (it IS supposed to be brownies, after all...) but I can layer it with Bliss if need be, and be just delighted by the whole thing!

Pumpkin spice, dash of cocoa, and buttery pumpkin. This smells more like a chocolate pumpkin pie than pumpkin brownies. But hey, more pumpkin? Medium throw and wear length.

A very nice mix of chocolate brownie and pumpkin. The pumpkin isn't spiced at all but it does add a rounded, fruity note to that baked-good chocolate goodness. Looking forward to this one developing even moreso over the next so many months. A very nice and comforting Halloween blend.

This is one of the least foodie foodie scents ever. Actually minda like it. NOT very sweet and honestly kinda light on the brownie portion. A lightly chocolatey cakey pumpkin scent with a hint of caramel and a dry down with sour creamyness. Pleasant and as I said not terribly sweet.

I was lucky enough to receive a sniffie of this from my wonderful decantress Ajevie. <3

Wet: Yum! There's spice in the pumpkin, so the overall effect is some sort of yummy spicy Mexican chocolate with pumpkin. Delicious.

Dry: The combo of chocolate and pumpkin spice kind of reminded me of El Dia de Los Reyes at first, but then the pumpkin came through stronger. It's a really yummy scent. I don't wear many gourmands these days, so I don't think I will need it, but I am glad to have gotten to try it.

Pumpkin Brownies was such a fun surprise. On me, it's like Bliss + spicy pumpkin pie with a dollop of sour cream. The combo is surprisingly toothsome, especially since foodie pumpkin isn't always my thing.

Not very foodiewhich is almost disappointing to me, but I can get behind it for what it is. More pumpkin than brownie, this fragrance is pretty understated and probably a good scent to wear to work around Halloween for juuuust enough pumpkin to be festive. Doesn't wear very long on me, and dries down to what a batch of cocoa and sugar smells like before being combined with other ingredients and baked to make brownies.

Edit: layered with Dead Leaves & Squished Candy Corn, this is MAGNIFICENT.

Edited by ramblingrambler

This was mostly sweet pumpkin with a hint of chocolate in the drydown. Nice.

Sadly the throw and staying power were so weak though I had to sell it. :( 

This starts off more like super lightly spiced, creamy pumpkin filling swirled with cocoa at first, but it becomes more brownie-like over time, and the tanginess of the sour cream frosting ends up being a main player by the end of the day. There are light caramel swirls with the pumpkin ones, but it is not an overly caramel-y scent.

This isn't one I need to grab more of, as I have plenty of chocolate scents and pumpkin scents, but I think I'll hold onto the decant. It will be nice to be able to reach for a foodie pumpkin scent that isn't a spice bomb once autumn hits.