Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Failmingo

Dead Leaves, Pineapple, Patchouli, and Vetiver

[No additional description provided.]

In the bottle all of the above listed notes kind of smash on the nose equally. The effect is similar to a drink I'd order at a Manhattan cocktail bar that would probably cost as much as this bottle -- a spicy pineapple margarita with smoked salt.

IMMEDIATELY on the skin the notes fall into rank, with the pineapple's sweetness soaring high above the others, and the dead leaves effectively blanketing the patchouli and vetiver so they're muffled to a dull roar.

This is among the least "dead leaves-y" blends from the collection IMO, probably because the pineapple note takes it in a direction one doesn't associate with "autumn." Ten minutes after applying, I'm getting a sort of dead leaves reverb effect whenever I go to sniff, which suggests that note will last on the skin long after the bright, sunny pineapple has perished.

Brava!

For some reason..the weirdest notes work on me.This blend is no exception. The pineapple is crisp and mildly sweet and balances out the damn vetiver and the leaves smell like dead leaves...not cologne. This is beautiful. I need a bottle. Damn it. :P

this plays so differently on my skin than it does for the two reviewers above me.

the dead leaves is doing that wonderful soft cologne thing that I love

the pineapple is bright with the slightest hint of sweetness, but I'd have trouble identifying what it was if not for the notes list in the title. it's not syrupy or heavily sugared like the actual fruit and it smells nicely natural for a scent that's likely born in a lab and not the wild.

the vetiver is a little smoky when freshly applied but recedes graciously into the blend and doesn't stand out. the patchouli is also very much a team player here.

this is one of those scents that's blended in such a way that none of the individual notes stand out. it's much brighter and lighter than I expected considering the big resins at play here. it's very cheerful and uplifting, unisex, nothing boozy/cocktail-like at all on me. medium throw and lasted about four hours. I love dead leaves blends like this one.

Mainly dead leaves and smoky patchouli with a tinge of pineapple, which oddly enough makes it all have an almost black leather smell when combined together. Average throw and wear length.

Wet: Dead leaves at the forefront - a mix between the realistic dead leaves note I love and the cologney one I am not a fan of. Interesting. Then the patchouli comes through. It's dry and earthy. I can't detect a single bit of pineapple in this. NONE. This is a dark, somewhat masculine scent on me.

Dry: This settles into an interesting cologne. I can finally detect a hint of pineapple. It's really a lovely scent, I think I would adore it on a man, I am just finding it's not something I want to wear personally. I do find it insane how that particular combo of notes can combine to make such a refined cologne....Beth's a genius.

In the bottle: An earthy leaves and patch scent overlayed with a fruity sweetness.

Wet: A more muted version of the cold sniff.

The dry-down: Not a morpher--much the same scent throughout. I like it, but it's not as vivid a scent as the tester at DSWC. This may mean a batch variation, or it may mean that aging will improve this scent.

The dead leaves, patchouli, pineapple and vetiver combo is a killer! It's a crunchy leafy scent rounded up by the pineapple sweetness and juiciness. Sometimes the pineapple stomps over the leaves, other times it stays in the background. It's overall very wearable and summer-appropriate.

I didn’t even get a decant of this one because the pineapple just sounded weird. But last year in the crone swap I received a whole bottle and learned what I was missing. These notes harmonize surprisingly well with a lovely balance between juicy and bright and dry and earthy. It’s mostly dead leaves and the sweet, tart pineapple with patchouli grounding; the vetiver doesn’t get much play. And wear length was only 3-4 hours on my (dry middle aged) skin, so, reapply! It pairs beautifully with Autumn Leaves & Haitian Patchouli hair gloss.