Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Gingered apple champagne.

This was the first of the exclusives I grabbed, because I knew I would love it- and I was right.

I love Beth's champagne note, and it's front and center here. Effervescent, bright, and nose-tickling, this is a mostly champagne scent on me, with the gingered apple in the background, giving a hint of spicy sweetness. This is the champagne from Champagne Lace, made brighter and sweeter with the gingered apple. Not an "apple" scent really, it's definitely there but as a supporting player - as it seemed with all the exclusives, to my nose at least.

I probably should have gotten a backup bottle.

:wub: :wub:

Champagne with apple, and just a hint of ginger. This one is effervescent, delicious, and oh so cool to drink. (Not literally, but metaphorically speaking). Great throw and wear length.

GInger apple champagne from wet to dry. I WANT TO DRINK THIS. Just not wear it. It was nice to try though!

I got a bottle thanks to my BPAL NYCC fairy, ltrittipoe. :biggrin:

I'm not getting a lot of apple here, but I'm still super delighted with it. It really does have that fizziness to it, and maybe a touch of sweetness that's the apple? It smells a bit like a local soap produced here in MI that's called "Ginger Fizz" and smells like honest-to-God ginger ale, bubbles and all. So glad I have the bottle. I might just wear it when I need to feel as bubbly, like at potlucks or other social gatherings.

Okay, so I have to share the origin story of this bottle: My sister was able to get tix for NYCC, so I asked if she could stop by the Lab's booth to fairy for me. My sister is incredibly allergic to perfumes — I can't wear any kind of scent when I go visit her. But bless her, she agreed to hold her breath long enough to get a bottle of this for me. She said she got a headache 10 feet away from the booth, but she braved the whole scent cloud to pick this up.

Sweetie, it was worth it. Holy shazbot.

Sweet, apple-tinged fizzy ginger ale in the bottle. Goes on as a lovely sweet ginger ale. As it dries, there's a candy apple note coming in which in no way detracts from or overwhelms the ginger ale. This sweetens into caramel, almost like the candied apple got baked. Just a breath of spices develops. The gingery fizz and caramel sweetness remain and remain and remain, frak me.

This is positively AMAZEBALLS and I need backups now. :wub3: :wub3: :wub3:

Edited by Soupy Twist

My first sniff: now that's interesting! And then "but I don't think I'd wear it." I did not read the notes ahead of time, so I'm sniffing all of these blind, and I thought, I really don't get the apple in this, but something else is super familiar. Ah yes, the champagne note. I love to drink champagne, but am not a fan of it as a scent, so YMMV. For me, this is heavy on the champagne note, so much so that the apple is almost not there, and a bit a brown gingery note that reminds me more of dried ginger (baking spice) rather than fresh. Champagne and gingerbread almost! Not my thing, but if you like champagne notes, try it!

More ginger than anything else, but I think I amp ginger. At least I do in my mouth so... ANYWAY, like ginger apple cider, if a little fizzy.

In the bottle: Mostly champagne, with some ginger and apple in the background.

Wet: Bubbly champagne, but the ginger component quickly sidles up to it, so now it is somewhat reminiscent of Ginger Ale. Alas, that phase is short-lived, and it quickly goes back to being mostly champagne on me, followed by the ginger in the background. As it dries, I begin detecting the apple note, but it is very light.

Dry: Still champagne dominant, but with more apple than before. The ginger note has calmed down, but still remains in the background.

Verdict: I do amp champagne, but Shade was such a success with its balance of pink grapefruit and champagne on me, that it makes a wonderful summer scent. I figured this would be my autumnal champagne scent. It's nice, but I wish there were more of a balance between the gingered apple and the champagne on me. I don't love it like I love Shade.

Being a big champagne note fan, I had to hunt this down. Yes, as others noted, there is a big fizzy entrance of a gingered champagne with a very light apple nuance. Perfect! I was shocked that my husband even commented that it is pretty. (Not sure if this a compliment, however. He is an Axe man!)

But why is no one talking about the dry down? After the delightful celebratory entrance, this dries down into the most beautiful vannila-ish skin musk. It puts me in full-huff mode.