Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

Like Father, Like Daughter

Raisin em right!

The t-shirt that Lilith is wearing is Alaska Thunderf*cks Lil Poundcake. Lilith, I am your real dad and I always will be!

Pomegranate cotton candy.

This might've leaked a little in transit because I can smell it before I even open the bottle. I loooove it already.

In the bottle - Deeply sugary. Not getting much fruit.

Wet - This feels kind of thin, like the sugar water you put out for hummingbirds. Or really weak Kool-Aid. Unimpressed so far, but If I can smell half as good as the bubble wrap this came in? Oof.

Drydown - OH GAWD. It reminds me of a Bubblicious gum from my childhood, though I can't put my finger on which one. This is happy pomegranate, if that makes sense. Reminds me less of the underworld and more of eating messy, juicy poms on the front lawn as a kid.

Verdict - Not a substantial perfume but it's just SO. MUCH. FUN. that I don't care how much I have to reapply. Considering a backup because it's friggin' delicious.

This is AMAZING.

The pomegranate and the cotton candy are perfectly balanced together for me. This is like pomegranates turned in to cotton candy. I would honestly eat the everloving crap out of this if I could... I want it as a hair gloss and body oil SO BAD.

It's sweet, but not too sweet. The poms balance out the cotton candy really well, if that makes any sense? I'm not sure I'm able to do this justice. If you like Candy Phoenix, you'll love it! I definitely need a backup.

So happy and so pretty! Really nice fall smell. I'd describe this as sweet, but fruity sweet. Which could be construed as less sweet than cakes, cookies, vanilla blends. Kinda reminds me of cherry chapstick or the pomegranate Burt's Bees chapstick. It doesn't last very long, though. Shortly after drydown, it sinks into my skin, and I have to get close to smell it.

Wet: Ooooooo! Pomegranate candy.

Dry: There's an almost powdered quality coming out, and it reminds me of.. Sweet Tarts. This smell like Sweet Tarts now. :lol:

Not a lot of throw on this scent, it's one you have to get reeeeal close to in order to smell it.

Edited by donkehpoo

Sugary pomegranate. I am so the wrong audience on this. Neither sugary nor pomegranate blends are a thing for me. But if either of those things are for you, I'd give this a whirl. Low throw and average wear length.

Agree, sugary pomegranate. Fortunately for me, I am exactly the right audience for this. :) Definitely low throw, it's only detectable from very close to my skin, even after slathering, but it's so delicious I find myself walking around holding my hand under my nose. This would be an AWESOME scent for a HG.

I'm so glad I got this! I jut ordered a back up. The balance of pomegranate and cotton candy is perfect!

The description sounded like it would be really little girlish but the pomegranate makes this more grown up imo.

For me it actually had a lot of throw. At least for a few hours which is longer than some other sugary scents I own.

I don't like pomegranate, because it's bitter on me - HOWEVER, I often like notes that are bitter on me if they're doused in enough honey or sugar, so giving this a go!!

Wet: WOW. That is the definition of sweet and tart. It's making my mouth water. It's reminding me of Hubba Bubba gum - super intensely flavoured, right off the hop. I literally salivate every time I sniff this. Not sure I want to wear it yet, but I really want to lick it....ha ha. :eek:

Dry: This is really exactly as advertised - pomegranate cotton candy. It retains it's lovely sweet-tart scent. It doesn't go plastic or dusty on me, as many fruity and gourmand scents do. It's pretty perfect. It's not something I would ever have occasion to wear, but man am I tempted to get a bottle anyway. Genius, Puddin. I bet a lot of candy scent lovers are ecstatic with this (and if you're a candy scent lover who hasn't tried it yet, you best get on it!!)

In the decant: Pomegranate-flavored cotton candy (more pomegranate heavy than cotton candy heavy).

Wet: Pomegranate, with the spun sugar note helping to temper the tartness.

Dry: This ends up becoming sweeter and more candy-like over time, and the pomegranate has calmed down significantly.

Verdict: I am not really a pomegranate fan, but I wanted to try this because of the cotton candy. I figured I might as well try it since I ordered decants of pretty much all of the other scents, and if any scent would get me to like pomegranate, it would be this one. Alas, that was not the case. I guess this fruit will never be my jam. But if you happen to be a fan of pomegranate, you can't go wrong with this one!

Very fruity, slightly sweet. I was hoping for less fruit and more sugar. This is nice, but I don't need any more.

In the bottle: Tart pomegranate, with only a passing touch of the sweet cotton candy.

Wet: More of the sweet cotton candy.

The dry-down: The pome and the cotton candy are joining back together into a nice blend, not too tart, not too sweet.

True confessions- I bought this for the label. Wet, this is in your face sour fruit candy. The cotton candy comes out strong in the drydown, with traces of pomegranate.

True confessions- I bought this for the label. Wet, this is in your face sour fruit candy. The cotton candy comes out strong in the drydown, with traces of pomegranate.

I saw the photo before it was even associated with a perfume. I said I'd buy a bottle of death notes just for the label. Fortunately NOT death notes. I have nothing like this and love it.

Sugar spun tart pomegranates. This is delicate, and sweetly sour while it lasts, but is very brief on my skin.

Juicy sweet and powdery pomegranate. It starts off a little sour when first applied, but that fades quickly and turns into a sweet powdered sugar type of scent. Not getting a whole lot of cotton candy from here, on me it's mostly the pomegranate. Wear time is on the low side, sadly, along with the throw.