Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deceitfuldescender

Pew! Pew!

There is nothing that sparks joy for me quite like sharing something I love with Lilith. Shes been playing console games with me on and off since she was five, though she took a break from Diablo for a while after Brian bailed on her to chase after a treasure goblin.

Blue raspberry slushy, a bowl of strawberries, and microwavable popcorn.

This was one of the bottles I had to get for myself as a gamer with a gamer family. In the bottle it is all sort of fake blue raspberry, but on the skin a little fresh not plasticy strawberry comes to mix with the candy like blue raspberry. The popcorn note comes then, a little buttery, a little salty. I was worried about it but it actually blends nicely.
This is a foodie blend, but interesting. The popcorn keeps it from being cloying. I will update for late drydown.

Also this is fresh from the mail, so ymmv.

Oh god, this smells like fresh strawberries, sugar and popcorn. This is definitely a foodie blend. I can't get over the popcorn note in this one. It's soft, but slightly buttery and salty. So this to me smells like strawberry kettle corn. Delicious. Good throw and wear length.

This one reminds me a LOT of Uncle Brian from a few years back, one of my favorite candy/slushy/supersweet perfume oils! Love it! Brings back childhood memories of Fun Dip, slushies and microwave popcorn while watching movies with my parents.

In The Bottle: Warm, buttery salty popcorn and juicy blue raspberry slush, in equal measure.

Wet On Skin: The popcorn starts to pull slightly into the lead, which I'm personally grateful for, because I love popcorn scents and that's why I took a chance on this.

Dry Down: Popcorn and sweet tarts!
This scent is the perfect companion piece to last year's Vampire Night At The Movies. They both share a surprisingly subtle foodie aspect, making them both good "introductory" food scents for those less familiar with that genre and also are both eminently wearable for daytime use -including a good slather- by those of us that are more foodie-obsessive. This dries to a warm, slightly sweet, extremely cozy scent. Instant favorite!

Goes on smelling like tart, berry-citrus flavored pixie stix candy powdery mixed with perfumey Sun-Ripened Raspberry lotion from Bath & Body Works, and an undertone of fluffy popcorn and salty butter. The lotion and popcorn reminds me of watching movies with my sister when I was in high school and she wore B&BW lotion religiously. It's nostalgic. Dries down to that perfumey-berry lotion, spot-on, and popcorn flavored jelly beans, with an edge of tart candy powder.
It's tart, perfumey, a little soapy, and very artificial (fake berries, fake candy, fake butter scent) in a way that turns my stomach after a while. I like the initial whiff for the nostalgia, but it's not really a wearable fragrance at all to me.