Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deceitfuldescender

Apocalyptic Horseprincess

Lilith has always enjoyed the company of monsters. She grew up at Dark Delicacies, and two of her favorite toys when she was a baby were a Freddy Krueger rubber mask and a matching Freddy doll (with razor hands that were blunted by Grandma Sue so Lil didn’t poke an eye out). She has fears just like any other kid, but her monster friends help protect her from “real life” dangers. When she gets scared late at night, we talk about her ghost friends that roam the house, the vampires that live in our basement, the werewolves that hang out in the yard, the zombies that keep spare brains in our garage freezer, and all the other monsters (imaginary monster friends?) that love her and keep her safe from “real world” dangers.

When we vend at horror-centric conventions, the monsters are always so nice to Lilith. At Midsummer Scream, she gets tons of high-fives from shambling ghouls and radioactive plant horrors, and she gets hugs from demented clowns and slobbering werebeasts.

Ever since Lilith was in kindergarten, we’ve helped with her school’s Halloween party, so she’s grown up loving setting up and working in haunted houses and horror mazes.

This photo is from this year’s Midsummer Scream. Lilith was inspecting a headless horseman scene, getting ideas for this year’s Halloween maze.

Crushed mint and neon lime, sour candy powder, and wild plum.

So wet, this is intensely discordant to me. The mint and sour candy powder war with each other. And the throw is long so... whew, that waa hairy for a bit.

Dry down is a somewhat pleasant surprise, the mint calms down a lot (I wouls say this is spearmint, not peppermint) and blends nicely with the sour powder candy which has also calmed but does have a definite powdery sort of scent. The lime is oddly neon, but not overly strong. I do not get the plum yet, which is a disappointment as I love a good plum note, so I hope with aging it comes.

A unique and fun scent, not quite like anything else I had.

If you like mint or candy scents that are not overwhelmed by those notes, try it.

This one was totally interesting. I love lime and I love plum. How would this translate though? Had to get a decant to find out.

In the imp, this smells like ground up sweet tarts. Totally candy.

When freshly applied, I get a blast of mint and lime. It's a little bit of an odd combo. Fresh and sweet. As it dries down, the plum starts to emerge. If you are a fan of plum, this doesn't disappoint. The top notes of the lime and sweet tarts blend in seamlessly with the plum. The mint pretty much disappears as the scent wears.

After a while it becomes sweet fruity plum with a dusting of sweet tarts. Simple but not a disappointment. May need to purchase a bottle to add to my plum scent library.

This smells like pixie sticks, or possibly sweet tarts. In the wet stage it has an artificial grape-like note, which is probably the plum bouncing off the lime and candy powder notes. It is pretty interesting how the combination of those three notes creates the illusion of fake grape. I wish I liked fake grape, but unfortunately it reminds me of cough syrup and makes me a little nauseous. Since I only put on the tiniest bit, I am hopeful it will get better on the dry down.

Edit: sadly the dry down didn't get better. It turned to that familiar plasticy smell that vanillas tend to turn on me. Off to swaps..

Edited by velvet

A new favourite of mine! One of the few where I can genuinely pick out all the notes, and smells pretty much exactly how I imagined. I loooooooove plum, and the candy powder is so electric and unusual. A real morpher, for a few minutes after applying I could only smell mint, then after that it was mostly sour candy powder and lime, and later mostly plum. I love this one!

I get a blast of lime and sour candy powder in the beginning, followed by the plum. The plum makes it smell somewhat medicinal and unpleasant on me. Over time, the plum calms down a lot and becomes more natural, so that it is mostly lime and sour candy powder with a little plum in the background that's more like the skin of a plum. The mint in this is very light on me, but that could be because there is only a tiny amount left in this bottle and the mint may have aged out.

The plum makes this a no-go for me, but it was fun to get to try this.