Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LizziesLuck

Dragon Mlerm Hair Gloss

Vanilla marshmallow apricot poof.

Really? No one has reviewed this yet?

The label plus the name of this is hilarious to me.

I am having a hard time describing the initial scent. It doesn't smell like marshmallow to me. Very candy-like, but I can't think of the candy it smells like. It's extremely yummy. But I just can't place it. WAIT! Cream Soda? Yep, it kind of smells like cream soda to me. Or maybe those cream soda fruit snacks? Delicious, and super fun. I can't stop sniffing it. Now that I've thought cream soda, I can't get that out of my head. I'm not mad at it, I think it's one of the neatest things I've ever smelled. The marshmallow does come out a bit as it dries in my hair. It's pretty freakin spectacular. I don't actually know how much I will wear it - I don't typically do these types of scents, but I will for sure keep the bottle, even if I do make some decants out of it to share. Really grateful to my fairy for getting this for me!! <3

Oh wow! This is the marshmallow apricot candy that dreams are made of. Seriously good stuff. This is tooth achingly sweet, sweet candy. I mean, I have a LOT of SWEEEEEET hair glosses and this is probably the sweetest I now own. Thank you to my fairy for getting me some Mlerm, I love it to death.

Only drawback is that it is super light, so I have to spray heavy and respray...but I don't care. It's delicious!! :wub3:

I got apricot candy and vanilla marshmallows. It's OK on my hair, but definitely residual oil on my skin turned the vanilla into plastic on my hands. Sweet, very sweet.

Sniffing from the bottle, I am hit with a blast of SUPER CANDY SWEET. This may be the sweetest hair gloss I've ever smelled. I have been putting off testing this one after spraying it on a paper towel, where the scent ended up being so strong that it had to be banished to another part of the room (and was still going strong days later).

But today, I will put my fears aside and apply it to my hair.

In the bottle, it is still super sweet, creamy apricot candy. The marshmallow note is not the fresh marshmallow with powder on the outside of it like Apple Marshmallow HG. Rather, it's more like apricot-infused marshmallow fluff mingling with the Lab's french vanilla note.

In my hands and on my wet hair, the french vanilla note stands out the most. I can see why LizziesLuck compared it to cream soda, as the Lab's french vanilla note does have that kind of vibe. The apricot is present and seems to become more so over time, but the french vanilla note is still the most prominent note. The marshmallow note isn't distinctly marshmallow, but it does add to the candy sweetness of the scent. This scent is so strong that I'm worried it will give me a headache.

After a few hours, it does calm down somewhat. The apricot note is stronger and the french vanilla is no longer declaring its presence to the world, and the creamy marshmallow is more distinct.

The next day, I usually test the hair gloss on my dry hair, usually using one or two sprays. I did not do that with this one for fear of being overwhelmed with the scent all day, but I could still smell the hair gloss I had applied the day before when the wind hit my hair, and it smelled really nice.

Ultimately, this is just too sweet and strong for me, at least, during the first few hours. And I only used two sprays. :eek: I think I'll have to put this one up for swaps. But if you like sweet, fruity, candy scents, this should be up your alley.

*edit* I just wanted to add this, as testament to the strength of this hair gloss: I just washed my hair, applied purple pigment to it, and let it sit in my hair for a while before rinsing it, and I COULD STILL SMELL DRAGON MLERM IN MY HAIR AFTER I GOT OUT OF THE SHOWER. :eek: I had only used two sprays of the hair gloss on Sunday. This is some strong stuff.

Edited by dementia_divine

whoa, sweeter than expected. at first i smell candied apricot that's nearly boozy, like an apricot brandy or liqueur. awhile later i get some marshmallow and vanilla. it's marshmallowy-apricot. if you like marshmallow-candy scents, you will love this.

I love the marshmallow and vanilla in this, but not the apricot which I initially misinterpreted as some kind of strawberry. In my hair it's a bit more marshmallow, but I couldn't get over the initial fruitiness. I think I've worked out I don't like fruit in my hair, basically! Although I would love LOVE if they released this scent as an oil ❤️

I love apricot and love marshmallow, so this is a must have for me! I'd love this as an oil as well. It's super fruity and incredibly sweet (almost toothachingly so), but more fluffy and pillowy from the marshmallow than just straight up juicy apricots. I love pairing this with my apricot and peach fragrances. This HG is incredibly long lasting with great throw. I love it and would recommend!