Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet red patchouli and hay absolute with a hint of orange peel, cocoa, and amber.

Oh, I'm SO glad I got this!

I'm a patchouli fan, but surely the "sweet red" variety is palatable to all - it's delicious, and the hay note seems to be taking the chewy edge off of it even more (I think it's the hay, anyway.) I definitely get orange peel, which is gorgeous with the patch, and just a hint of amber. I expect this note will deepen and become more prominent with time.

Overall a sweetish, really lovely scent with just a bit of bite. LOVE.

A million thanks to my wonderful D*Con fairy! :wub3:

A touch of orange, chocolate, over a base of patchouli. Its a sweet patchouli blend. If you love patchouli, I'd give this a whirl. Good throw and wear length.

Patchouli (maybe just red? not sure) sometimes goes weirdly bubblegum on me. When still wet, I get that bubblegum here. I was looking forward to the hay and cocoa in this, but I'm getting a dry/spicy bubblegum and little else. On drydown, it does get redder and spicier, and oddly cedar-y. It's nice, but I don't need a bottle.

Where I'd wear this: A cornfield maze, when it's still too hot for autumn

Edited by gloame

Woody patchouli not the gnarly kind but smoother.  Very dry scent.  Smooth kinda dusty.   Very reminiscent of another scent but I don't know what. The whole band-aid pencil shavings vibe that patch sometimes gives. Basically the patch is stomping over everything and is fading super fast. I don't even have to wash this off... it won't last an hour on me.  @gloame is correct about the cedary-ness of scent.  

I received a testable sniffle from somebody and just pulled it out of my decants pile.  I am not getting the orange or amber from it at all.  Orange can be fickle and fade out quickly but amber usually deepens as does cocoa but nope.  Just woods.

Editing to add I have the Sumatran Red Patchouli SN and since I am only getting the patch maybe that is what it is reminding me of.  

NOTE even banshee beat will be bandaid on me sometimes.... other times it is gorgeous --depends on what my skin feels like amping that day or my headspace.  As I only have one test worth of this I will never know if it coulda woulda been super fab.  But I rarely wear my patchouli blends anyway so am glad I don't love it.  I am so grateful for having the chance to try it tho ❤️

Edited by elka_knits