Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
annemathematics

Pugsley Hair Gloss

We lost our darling Pugsley many years ago, but Lilith swears that she can hear his ghost barking at the mailman to this day. Dedicated defender of the household, bane to all small birds. We miss you, Pugsley. Black tea, tonka bean, and licorice root with sweet black musk.

just like when you walk into the pound and see all the adorable candidates for rescuing...you want to take them all home with you but then there's THE MAGIC MOMENT when you lock eyes with one pup and know you've found your one? well, this happened to me when I visited the goblin dungeon pound and learned about pugsley. not only is each and every note a super winner in my book, but seeing the combo hit me smack dab in the heart and I could hear the pupper angels howling magical approval as well.

puglsey is a divine black musk scent, the watery tea note making it feel light and ethereal and translucent but due to that musk it's also deep and dark and rich. yes..things that might be opposites are true all at once. that's bpal magic for ya, folks.

less feminine-perfumey than last year's weenie Raven Black gloss, the musk here is a little bit purrfectly* powdery and warm, dark, stunning. the licorice is light (coming from someone who loves strong anise/fennel/licorice etc) and the tonka just quietly does it's tonka thing without clamoring for attention. who's a good bean? oh yes you are, tonka! yes you are!

good throw and lasted a few hours...and after that a ghostly waft would pop back in to "visit" and say hello whenever I moved my head.

fabulous scent from a wonderful surprise update. thank you, puddin and goblins :heart:

* strange irony: this is the bpal that best resembles how my cat smells. he's not sweet with honey nor cedary clean. he's a 'lil musky goofball!

OMG this is so good!!! Why are more people not raving about this!! I got a 1oz decant, and am wishing I had got a full bottle!! (this from the girl who has, as of yet, not managed to even use up a 5ml decant of anything :rolleyes2: )

The tea and musk combo gives this a Dorian feel to me, especially with the sweet aspects of the musk and vanillic aspect of the Tonka. This is like an amazing dark musk version of Dorian with hints of anise, and I am DYING over it. I desperately want this in perfume.

If there were ever going to be an HG scent worthy of breaking into the Trading Post Dungeon to pour myself a sneaky 5ml of perfume, it would be this one! (I would leave lots of cash and a case or two of beer, of course! Geez, what kind of person do you think I am? :cool: )

Mmm dark musky tea. I agree with LizzieLuck, this is like a dark Dorian. The little bite from the licorice replaces the lemon in my mind. This one is fairly light, and not too strong on the licorice for me. A very cozy tea scent.

Black tea, and powdery musk. This does remind me to Raven Black. It's a nice dry Fall-like HG. Good throw and wear length.

Pugsley hair gloss smells like my tortie kitty Mina and reminds me of her personality too. It's a gentle musky tea scent with just a hint of attitude. Mina is a catloaf with a hint of tortietude. Pugsley is just perfect.

Now that my hair is down to my waist, I find that I am loving the hair glosses for the dryer ends of my hair.  I also love the lab's black musk, and it's featured prominently in this blend.  It smells deep, warm and darkly resinous, with a powdery undertone that makes me think of crushed incense cones.  Sort of like black amber and incense with a hint of cologne and a whisper of leather.  The black tea smells warm and a little clean, and the creamy, honeyed-vanilla tonka and hint of black licorice add a fun, sweet edge.  Sexy black musk and warm, sweetened, black licorice tea.