Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Oozing with red currant jelly, spiked with crunchy lumps of meringue, and discharge from sweet cream cheese pustules.

Got a chance to sniff this at the Midsummer Scream event, and while I initially didn't think this was going to work... It totally did.

This is ALL sweet/foody on my skin.

From the bottle: Red fruit - strawberry, almost? And sharpness. Somewhat cough-syrupy, but Hell, I'll take a shot.

Initial Application: Strawberry cheesecake. This almost smells like a Beaver, but the sweetness of red currant is what makes it different. It has that cream/cheesecake-yness that I associate heavily with Beavers so that's taking center stage. My nose is constantly registering this as strawberry for some weird reason even though it's not. It's pleasant, and very very sweet.

30 Minutes Later: ....I can't believe I'm saying this, but, Strawberry Suf.. Is that you? It's warmed up A LOT and this is all bakery goodness with red fruit jelly. The warmness of the fruit is what reminds me so much of SS but it still retains that "cream cheese" Beaverness to it. The best way I can describe this is if SS and Beaver had a baby.

YUMMMM. I knew I was going to love this and I was not disappointed. I get gooey strawberry preserves, extra sugar, a little lemon, and the warmest, most delicious cream on top. (I wish I'd gotten 2 bottles. I almost did. What what I thinking??) I don't get cream cheese, oddly; just cream. No cheesecake for me. It's RED, warm, dripping with sugary goo, and I swear I'd lick my arm if I could.

I am SO HUNGRY after smelling this, so it's probably not a good idea to wear it grocery shopping.

Where I'd wear this: Buying every dessert at a real French patisserie

I'm starting to re-evaluate my dislike of foodie scents based off of wearing Resin Cast Meat Skull.

It's foodie, but the jelly shines through (I do like a good hint of berry). I get the comparison to Strawberry Suganiyot but with less donut. I think the currant jelly is great here because it prevents Meat Skull from being too sweet by giving it a hint of tartness.

The cream cheese is strong at first and then blends into a richness than balances the jelly's sweetness.

Overall, I'm really glad I took a chance on this. It's just yummy.

Beaver Moon is that you? this smells like a strawberry cheesecake. Since cheesecake is the type of blend that I associate with the Beaver Moon, to me this is a smash between Strawberry Moon and Beaver Moon by way of "I Fell in Love with a Floating Brain". Good throw and wear length. Too sweet for me in general, but that's life.

I was lucky enough to try a friends bottle of this, and OMG is it ever good. Totally reminds me of strawberry sufganiyot. Delicious. Really sweet and tart at the same time, with a yummy bakery note. I think I need to track some of this down.

Nostalgia overload :D This scent brings back childhood memories. On my skin, it reminds me of Juice Bar body sprays I used to wear as a child. Specifically it smells like a mix of: Blueberry Batter and Gummy Bear! The scent makes me so giddy as it brings back memories of playing with my dollhouse and writing secrets in my butterfly print diary.

It is surprisingly not a strong foody scent on me but more like a tween perfume on my skin. Medium throw and good wear length. It is a sweet girly pink musk with a subtle glazed donut background. I feel like I should be wearing watermelon glitter lip gloss and making charm bracelets when I wear this scent. Imagine if Loli.goth and Strawberry Sufganiyot had a little kid sister, that is what Resin Cast Meat Skull smells like on my skin!

P.S. Strawberry Sufganiyot smells like a true foody strawberry donut on me and Resin Cast Meat Skull does share that donut element, however Resin Cast Meat Skull has a pink perfumey musk that Strawberry Sufganiyot does not. Don't let the cream cheese not scare you like it did for me because I get no cream cheese! :)

Edited by VioletVorpal

Snake Oil Jelly Donut, Strawberry Sufganiyot, and Beaver Moon walked into a bar...

...and had a ménage à trois.

Folks, this ain’t no joke. I repeat: this is not a joke.

You MUST get thee to a BPAL dispensary. (Trust me, if you’re into ANY of these fragrances, pick this up as soon as you see it come available from anyone’s destash.)

Wet on my skin, this is unbelievably strong, TART, blast you in the face red currant.  Like all red currant all the time.  And did I mention the tartness? 

Luckily, as it dries, the currant, while still being very tart, starts to be balanced by a mix of sweet meringue and cream.  Yes, cream.  Not cream cheese.

I really need to slather this one, otherwise it's essentially a HEY, I HEARD YOU LIKE SOUR CURRANTS! single note.  In the bottle and dried are fine; very similar, but not quite the same.  Wet, though, is a rollercoaster.

Still a winner. 🏅