Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
gloame

Blacklight-Reactive Zombie Hand

Electric eucalyptus with veins of green oud, black currant, ti leaf, and mate.

Picked this up straight from the Lab at the Midsummer Scream fest. This blend is pretty, clean, and fresh.

Wet, it's all green tea and eucalyptus, and I was so worried for a minute. But that doesn't stick around.

On drydown, it's very nice. The eucalyptus isn't overpowering. For me, at least, it's a smooth blend of the green oud and ti leaf, with just a touch of sweetness from the black currant. Not too electrified on my skin, but that's a plus for me because I don't do well with sharp greens. This has a low throw, but it decent wear length. Nice!

Where I'd wear this: Summer beer gardens

Just got this fresh from the mail, and my patience times 1 million is still zero, so here are my first impressions.

Strait out of the bottle, it's minty, eucalyptusy, cool, and sweet, but there's something woody and a little dark at it's base. I"m guessing the oud and black currant. I think the oil might be light blue as well. I'll have to experiment with that more later. Once I put this on my skin, the oud and black currant fade into the background, and the tea comes out to play. It's nicely balanced with the minty coolness rather than being tea dominant. It lasts about 2 hours on my skin and gradually turns into a light, sweet, mintiness with a titch of darkness from the black currant.

The eucalyptus in this is low key and smooth, and doesn't come off to me as medicinal like it sometimes can. BLRZH actually reminds me of Night's Bridge and Woods in Winter. Just kind of a sweet coolness they share. If you are really fond of the snow note and/or mint, you might want to check this out.

Edited by VetchVesper

Dry: It is beautiful. It sings on my skin.

Wet: It makes me want vomit. There is something with the oude and mate that don't mix well with the currant. These are all notes of win for me so I am going to let this settle and retry it in a couple of weeks.

Minty green oudh and mate. On wet, its much more of a masculine cologne. It dries down to something slightly smokier and warmer than on wet, and oh god, I think I need to put this on mr. zee_zee. Or at least make out with my own wrist. Medium throw, good wear length.

I love this. The currant sweetens the green tea and softens the edges of the eucalyptus. It's surpisingly a beautiful blend given the theme and name.

I have a low partial but am seriously considering tracking down a full bottle. It's a very soothing and lovely perfume and I would get lots of use out of it.

In the decant: I can smell all of the notes that were listed, and I was expecting a blast of eucalyptus upon opening the decant, but that actually wasn’t the case. The ti leaf stands out to me the most, followed by the black currant, eucalyptus, some oudh, and mate.

Wet: The tea, eucalyptus, and black currant are the first notes that jump out at me. Then, I smell some herbal, slightly smoky mate and oudh behind those notes. The eucalyptus ends up gaining strength but has a light feel to it… it’s definitely not an in-your-face medicinal eucalyptus. The black currant adds a sweetness to the scent, but it is kept in check by the other notes.

Dry: The black currant is now one of the stronger notes on me, but I am still getting the eucalpytus and tea. The green oudh and mate reside in the background, darkening the scent, although the oudh does end up getting a little stronger after a while.

Verdict: I wonder if I amp black currant? I think Blacklight-Reactive Zombie Hand is nice, but I wish it were less currant-forward on me.