Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet Indonesian patchouli, red benzoin, champaca attar, French lavender, coconut husk, bay leaf, tobacco absolute, lime, and honey.

Suggest you take this to a quiet room, perhaps close the drapes, to give Jaali your undivided attention. He's a serious morpher, so you will miss things if you multi-task.
Starts out refined, sweetish patchouli with bay and lavender. The lavender is quite strong when wet. As it dries, the champaca steps forward, but the lavender stays present. The tobacco is a background note, detectable and lovely, but not the star of the show. I haven't been able to pick out the lime or coconut husk. Final drydown is a lightly flowered patchoili, with an incensey vibe.

This is a beautiful, sexy perfume. Low throw, medium longivity (more than 2 hrs).

Patchouli, coconut, tobacco, bay, and a touch of lime. Jaawi is spicy, exotic, and a morpher. It's like you took a bunch of different things, shook them up, and held them in a coconut husk for ages until it all melded together. Warm, sexy, masculine cologne. Good throw and wear length.

In the Vial:

Red musk, lavender, patchouli and a little lime

On the Skin:

The lavender is very evident but with rich red musk and patchouli reining it in a little. A touch of coconut adds a little creaminess and the lime is there but restrained, although it is smelling a little like a commercial cleaner on my skin.

On the Drydown:

This is primarily a lavender blend and IMO not the best lavender blend I have tried from the Lab. I like lavender but the other elements to this make it too murky.

This is like a red patchouli single note on me. I literally can't smell any of the other listed notes. It's a woody, slightly sour, slightly body odor-ish, cedar-ish patchouli. I thought that I could smell mushrooms when I first applied, but the drydown is all woody, sharp patchouli. I'm confused by the previous reviews calling this a morpher and talking about other notes, because it just falls flat on me. Scratchy, dry, sweaty, woody patchouli...

Expectation: Tropical Golden-Green Incense

First Sniff: Dark and earthy, with a deep brown sweetness that's almost chocolatey. Weaving through that is a dense, dusky lavender. It belongs in the same scent family as Gaueko. I might need to go to bed with this one.

Wet on skin: Lavender-dominant, but not overwhelmingly so. It’s soft and earthy, and as it starts to dry it becomes dustier and smokier. It’s very comfortable, like sitting on a well-worn leather couch wrapped in your coziest blanket.

Drydown: Masculine, but very approachable. The bay comes out, bringing a touch of coolness to the soft, earthy, smoky vibes. The lavender is still there, but it’s mixed in with the other notes now, instead of laying on top of them. Soft, earthy, and herbal, straddling both the cool and the warm. It fades into this feathery flurry of incense and herbs and smoke that’s so soft and light you almost forget that you’re the one that’s wearing it.

Dry: The softest lavender and the coziest benzoin, nestled together in a bed of incense ash. It’s beautifully androgynous and witchy, with the barest hint of something bold and sexy hiding in the background. Lime-kissed patchouli perhaps? Whatever it is, it’s adding a gorgeous layer of depth. Overall, it’s a comforting, yet mysterious scent that’s perfect for several kinds of bedtime.

8 out of 10 bones

Wet: Ugh, super dry, earthy, dirty patch, and astringent herbal lavender. Ick! Hoping this dries better on me, but right now I don't even want to sniff it. Going to let it warm on my arm for a while (quite a while) and hope it's magical when I come back to it.

Dry: OK! Gets way less gross once dry. It's quite well blended, hard to pick out individual notes, but I think I am getting mostly the champaca, with hints of honey. It's incensey, for sure. Very smooth. There's something there that smells almost like warn leather...? Anyway, I do like it, but not enough to suffer through the initial blast of sheer ickyness that happens when I first put it on. I'll age it a bit and see what happens.

Gah. This is sexy.

But not in an 'in your face' way. More in the hot-hippiesh-guy lounging in the corner listening to music kind of way.

I think I predicted that Jaawi would smell like a really good smelling man, and, well, yeah. As others have noted, he's a morpher but for me at least, he ultimately dries down to smell both resiny and fresh. Reminds me a little of Keichu Nyoetsu Warai Dogu but a little groovier, a little more outdoorsy and a lot sexier.

Trying this on the man ASAP.

Edited by joopjoop

First impression - lavender and a very earthy, almost vetiver-like, tobacco note. Reminds me of The Scales of Deprivation...in that it's a very "masculine" blend yet heavy on lavender which I typically associate with more feminine blends.

After a few moments I get hints of more exotic notes...the patchouli, the benzoin, the champaca. I am liking it more now. The lavender has chilled out, it's barely noticeable except as a cooling background note. This is very "chill hippie dude" scent. It's very close to the skin.

Quite salty and masculine from the start. An interesting blend where all the notes are easy to tell apart, yet they work well together.

Getting a very dirty/earthy, nature-freak but calmer Funnel of love outta this. Nice!

My initial impression is a deep woodiness from the patch and sharp lime.  There's also something animalic and masculine to the scent, and I thought maybe it had oud in it before I read the notes.  Jaawi settles down after a moment, and the lavender and bay start to come out, balancing the other notes, and this becomes a dark chypre sort of scent.   It still has some of that feral sexiness it began with, but now it's on a leash.  I could see this being very nice on the right man.  It's a little much for me though.  

A few hours later, the blend has become mostly incensey Indonesian patch and sort of reminds me of Blacker Than the Raven Wings of Midnight.  Still not my thing, but the fragrance is interesting enough that I enjoy getting a whiff now and then.

Wet: Super-amped lavender/patchouli.  Coconut sweetens it a bit in the dry-down with just a whisper of lime peel.  Later it's a not-unpleasant champaca/patchouli/coconut headshop vibe.  Good throw and hangs around a loooooong time.  Little of this will go a long way on me, but my Imp is a keeper.

Edited by yewberry
of

Woody patchouli with an herbal bite. There's a powdery, high floral note that champaca sometimes pulls on me.

The powdery floral dissipates after a bit and this becomes a very pretty musky patch with some sweet coconut to round it. 

Nice but not me.