Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Red Incense Hair Gloss

Red sandalwood, myrrh, cinnamon husk, and copal bound with blood, currants, and red wine.

Red wine, red sandalwood, hint of cinnamon and copal. This is a very red blend. Incensey, red wine and red sandalwood. Dark and slinky. Good throw and wear length.

Very dry wood, sour and bright red currants, and hints of sharp cinnamon and dry incense. Goes powdery from the sandalwood after a few minutes, and I don't like how sour the fruitiness is.

Mmmm! This is lovely. I struggle with wine notes on my skin - they turn to cough syrup often. But this is great in my hair! The currant with he incense and wood somehow gives it the *feel* (not a similar scent, just feel somehow) that it would pair well with Mme. Moriarty (I never know what HG to wear with that perfume!). Or maybe it's just the strong RED association with the scent? Anyway, it's awesome. I tested Behind the Veils today too, and they also have a similar vibe with the wine and spice and resins. I like this way more than expected, it's a rich, vibrant, red kinda scent. Fruity, incensey, and that red sandalwood is TO DIE FOR. Glad I got a full 1oz rather than just a mini squirt. I have more HG than I can ever use, but if I ever used this 1oz up I would get more for sure!

Not doing too much for me, though it does smell like it's components. I'm getting sort of a smoky red wine with hints of spicy cinnamon. I'm also getting a red musk vibe. It doesn't seem to last on me very long, which is surprising. I think I'll pass, but if you want your hair to smell pleasantly sauced, here ya go.

I get mostly red wine and currents, like a sweet and sour candy. Not picking up on any of the "incense notes". It's a bit too fruity for me. Maybe it just needs marinate for awhile and I'll revisit. Still a pretty scent though if you're looking for more "fruity" less "head shoppy" ;) Good throw and hangtime.

I luckily don't get the wine note, as that tends to be vinegary to my nose. It is most definitely "red". I smell the currants and I do smell "incense", but in the most basic of descriptions. Like, what burning cheap incense in your house smells like. Personally, I love it.

This is one of those that come across as a blend - the notes mix to become an entirely new and different scent - rather than any individual notes standing out distinctly.

Without looking at the notes, I get a very sweet and somewhat feminine incense-and-resins fragrance in which other notes are clearly present but unidentifiable.  Lovely.  And unusual for an incense perfume, to be sweet and feminine rather than unisex and headshop.

After looking at the description, searching for those notes in the scent I get mostly the sandalwood, with a breath of cinnamon.  There's plenty of copal as well, but I'm not that familiar with it so it reads to me as just resiny.  The sweetness is definitely the myrrh, with the fruits probably contributing to that as well.  I don't specifically detect any actual fruit or wine, but I do get a mental picture of red fruits, so obviously they are there in the mix.  But to my nose, this is not a fruity perfume.  And as always, I don't smell any blood.

And it does have a red vibe. How intruiging is that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predominant Notes:. Sandalwood, Copal, Myrrh

Character: Incense and resins.  Blended. Sweet, somewhat feminine.

5 out of 6 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

Reviewing this when worn as a body spray. This is a great Sandalwood blend! I also get the wine note, but it isn't boozy or overpowering. The cinnamon and copal come out on the drydown. I really like this a lot. Pairs very well with several of my wine-based Poe scents, especially Prospero, The Mask, and Montresor.

Edited by Poenari

I get mostly red sandalwood and bit of red wine from this. Soft and slightly fruity. I think the currants and red wine give it a soft red musk vibe as well. Very well blended and softly sweet.