Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Upstart Crow

The Intangibles

“You’ve been troubled?”

“Yes. Good word. Troubled. Yes. Like a home for troubled teens. Funny. Yes.”

“And what exactly is troubling you?”

“Well, we fight, we win.”

“And that is a source of trouble? I find it a matter of triumph and delight, myself.”

“But. They’ll die out anyway. They are passenger pigeons and thylacines. Yes? Who cares? This way, it’s going to be a bloodbath.”

“Ah.” Mr. World nodded.

He was following. That was good. The fat kid said, “Look, I’m not the only one who feels this way. I’ve checked with the crew at Radio Modern, and they’re all for settling this peacefully; and the intangibles are pretty much in favor of letting market forces take care of it. I’m being. You know. The voice of reason here.”

“You are indeed. Unfortunately, there is information you do not have.” The smile that followed was twisted and scarred.

Gods of the Stock Market, of securities and trades, of trade and upheaval, debt, fortune, and risk: chaotic synthetic notes, bubbling aldehydes, and the electric green of market euphoria.

Yay! First :)

I just got this out of the box, so it's probably still a bit unhappy from travel and in need of rest, so I may update later.

This is a beautiful aldehyde scent. When it goes on wet, it's got that lovely astringent floral scent that is classic aldehyde, but it's laced with a sweet note that almost reminds me of pink bubblegum. Not in a cloying or foody way, though. It blends really well, with whatever it is. It is a very green, bubbly scent that morphs quickly into something floral and a bit oily and starchy. I don't want to say french fries because it's not that smell, but it gave me an impression of it. Still not unpleasant.This fades and the sweetness returns.

Interesting. I think I'll keep it and try it on again when it settles to see what happens.

Green aldehyde. This smells cold, artificial, green and like moss/seaweed. It's like a hyper-real and yet not real at all seaweed. Seaweed as an idea rendered into a virtual matrix. There's a touch of lime, that burst on wet. And then you just get this pulsating green. Frankly, one of the strangest BPALs I've tried. And I've tried alot. Great throw and wear length.

Not for the faint of heart.

Ginger ale with lime and plastic. Not burning plastic, just plastic. The lime is sweet rather than sour.

Fizzy and limey. Almost smells like soda. As it dries I get a cold minerally note that cuts through some of the initial sweetness. Definitely chaotic. Very interesting!

Wet: Sprite! Or very near. Citrus and fizz. It seems light hearted and fun, but then something sinister and dark creeps in underneath. It's like a dark, slightly earthy floral note? Or something? No it's more green than floral. Like grass and Sprite whizzed up in the blender. Which is surprisingly pleasant to sniff, but also feels like it's starting to give me a headache.

Dry: Mostly sprite again, but less fizzy. There are still hints of the green. It's really quite a nice, fresh scent! Didn't actually give me a headache, I just thought I was getting one.

I get fizzy lime with a little bit of soapiness. Reminds me of some of the lab's champagne blends (was there a lime one?), but not quite as boozy smelling. Fades very quickly on me.

This isn't the lab's usual soda scented, fizzy carbonation blend. I think it's meant to be unnerving, hence the chaos noted in the description, and even does remind me of the smell of money. There's a sourness like sweat, overall I do get the impression of greed and hysteria. It evokes the concept perfectly. If you're into BPAL for the artistry, then this is a pretty amazing addition to the general collection, in my opinion.

I get lots of fizziness from The Intangibles. It's like soda with a squirt of lime, only it isn't sweet enough to be soda. There's also a bit of a mineral-like quality to it after it has been on the skin for a while. So I think my experience was similar to that of roseus! Nothing chaotic or unsettling on me, but maybe my skin chemistry just revels in chaos. :P