Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sprout

All-Father

Wednesday guided his wolf-now a huge and charcoal-gray beast with green eyes-over to Shadow. Shadow's mount caracoled away from it, and Shadow stroked its neck and told it not to be afraid. Its tiger tail swished, aggressively. It occurred to Shadow that there was another wolf, a twin to the one that Wednesday was riding, keeping pace with them in the sand dunes, just a moment out of sight.

"Do you know me, Shadow?" said Wednesday. He rode his wolf with his head high. His right eye glittered and flashed, his left eye was dull. He wore a cloak with a deep, monklike cowl, and his face stared out from the shadows. "I told you I would tell you my names. This is what they call me. I am called Glad-of-War, Grim, Raider, and Third. I am One-Eyed. I am called Highest, and True-Guesser. I am Grimnir, and I am the Hooded One. I am All-Father, and I am Gondlir Wand-Bearer. I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. My ravens are Huginn and Muninn, Thought and Memory; my wolves are Freki and Geri; my horse is the gallows." Two ghostly-gray ravens, like transparent skins of birds, landed on Wednesday's shoulders, pushed their beaks into the side of Wednesday's head as if tasting his mind, and flapped out into the world once more.

Oak leaves and ash, honey mead, wolf musk, a flutter of black feathers, and bronze fennel.

This reminds me a little of the GC Odin scent, appropriately.

Opening, I can appreciate some woody notes, not sure if I could distinguish oak, but it's there in the notes. The Wolf musk predominates, and it's similar to the musk of Faunalia or Buck Moon.

Drying, I amplify clouds of sweet honey. It's shy of powdery and blends very nicely with the Wolf musk. I think there may be a hint of opoponox for the flutter of black feathers.

Late drydown this is mostly Honey and Wolf musk.

Final assessment: I purchased this full bottle for the Wolf musk and I have a drive to collect all scent related to Odin. The art is gorgeous. This exceeded my expectations. If you like Faunalia and Buck Moon, this is a must try. For me, this is a honeyed Buck Moon with oak instead of pine.

Oak, mead, fennel, and a touch of musk and black feathers. This one is a heavy masculine honey blend on me. Both the oak and fennel cut through the sweetness of the honey, and I end up with a musky undertone and hints of opoponax that add interesting layers to the honey blend.

This smells like a Viking. He likes to drink mead, swing his axe and isn't afraid of sweat. Primordial masculine Scandinavian. Good throw and wear length.

Mostly faint, not very sweet honey mead on me. I get something almost fruity as if there were apples or something citrusy in the mead, but it's not strong. Then the musk and wood come out.

This scent reminds me of Shadow's unfavorable impression of mead, although I don't get pickle juice. Not bad, but not for me.

This is really faint on me, too. There's something my nose isn't picking up. I smell sweetness, and that's about it. I can't identify any other notes. I'll have to try again later.

Wet: Oooh! That honey mead note is almost effervescent, and the musk is sparkly, and the anise note from the fennel is yuuuumm. It also has a somewhat clean vibe I was not expecting, I thought this would be dark and heavy. So far it smells bright and clean and springy.

Dry: Nothing. I waited too long to revisit it and it faded away to nothing! Sad. I will age it a bit, as it was promising. See if that gives it some lasting power. It was pretty while it lasted.

Wet: The lab's leaf note, a touch of honey and something musky and dark. Ooh. Definitely cologne-like, but sweeter and softer than I was expecting. Definitely second the comparison to Buck Moon. Also reminds me a little of Sarah, a favorite of mine - that furry/feathery musk note of that lab's.

Dry: The closest comparison I can think of, oddly enough, is Robotic Scarab, even though they share almost no notes in common. It's a smoky sweet cologne quality, I think, that connects them in my mind. I don't know when I'd wear this, but it's strangely comforting. I'll definitely be keeping my decant.

On me, this smells like honey musk with an extra dose of white musk, very sweet and perfumey and powdery, and a hint of something almost like soapy aquatic, which is perhaps the 'oak leaves.' I'm kind of disappointed that All-Father smells so powdery and sickly-sweet... I wanted and expected something more dark, complex and powerful. This is more girly and tween perfume-ish on me. It's strange.

I agree with Little Bird that All-Father smells like honey musk, which I adore, with a little woods. It's lighter and sweeter than I expected for the character, possibly even on the feminine side of gender neutral on me, and I wish I got more fennel because I think it would be an interesting note (no other scent that has passed through my hands has it). The first application faded really quickly, but I reapplied, and the second one lasted three or four hours. So, this is not quite what I expected, but I am enjoying it a lot.

I had high hopes for All-Father, yet it is woefully light on me.
What I do detect is a sweet musky scent with a bit of woods and a tang of the copper fennel. I thought it was actually a metal note and fennel, but I may be mistaken. The fennel is the lightest and I could be imagining it into the scent :lol: 

It took a lot of slathering to be able to smell what I did.... The notes sound so glorious, so I’m not sure if I want to keep the decant if I’m disappointed. I think I’ll try it another day to see if it’s affected by hormones.

Sort of a sweet, vaguely cologney, fuzzy musk. It makes me think of soft, grey cloth.  It's a lot milder than I was expecting. I reeeally have to sniff before I get anything like fennel, but yeah - sort of a toasted anise smell lurking deep down. 

Overall, this stays a cozy, unisex musk blend on me, with a faint hint of cool cologne.  I'd put it in a category with Night Bridge, Auriga (Yule), Cafe Au Lait & a Wool Blanket.  The "love child"of Robotic Scarab and Coyote comes to mind.  (I'd kinda want to see that baby!)  

Not my wheelhouse, and doesn't really stand out to me, but it is pleasant. Probably would be a nice, unobtrusive skin scent for a guy. 

Furry animal musk, like in Ivanushka or Bear Prince.. Like burying your face in an animal’s coat, warm and a little dusty/stuffy. Here the animal musk is sweetened by a soft honey note. I’d say just honey, as I’m not really getting mead from this. As for the other notes mentioned - oak leaves, ash, fennel – I can’t really say I’m picking them out. Snuggly and sweet, not like Odin, unless Odin is a puppy.