Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Lakeside Atmosphere Spray

There was a reason he hid me in Lakeside, wasnt there? There was a reason nobody should have been able to find me here.

Hinzelmann said nothing. He unhooked a heavy black poker from its place on the wall, and he prodded at the fire with it, sending up a cloud of orange sparks and smoke. This is my home, he said, petulantly. Its a good town.

Perfect wholesomeness: green grass, summer daisies, spring daffodils, and bake sale cookies bought with blood and terror, all frozen beneath a sheet of thick black ice.

This smells like a fresh aquatic lake, with green grass and florals being the most prominent notes other than "icy water" but you do occasional get the whiff of something else. Like blood. Great atmospheric. Good throw and wear length.

This is absolutely fabulous! Clean water, with hints of coolness with a bit of green. I used my little 4ml spritzer up today. I need to upgrade to a full bottle.

I wanted to get an atmosphere spray to use a lot during the spring, because a lot of the ones I have are either for sleep or are better suited for autumn and winter. I decided to give Lakeside a shot, because of the daffodils and daisies mentioned in the description, and because I loved the Lakeside scenes in the book.

I was not disappointed.

Lakeside is absolutely lovely. It smells like green grass, daffodils, and daisies on a warm spring or summer day. A realistic aquatic note comes out after the initial blast of the sun-warmed field of grass and flowers, and it really has this feel of being beside a lake and a flower-strewn meadow. I do not get any of the cookies or blood mentioned in the description except when the scent is sprayed directly onto something like paper towel, and even then, there's just the suggestion of something else there that's really faint, buried beneath the cool water. But when I spray the scent all over the room, I just get the grass, flowers, and cool water.

I really enjoy this scent and am so happy that I bought a bottle! :D