Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VetchVesper

The Jeweled Spider Nail Polish

A base the color of sweet dark coffee with a shimmer that runs throughout this trickster, shifting from red to green.

Ergh. I'm not a fan. :(

This is the 4th claw polish I've bought from the post, and I think they just aren't my cup of tea. All of them have been very thick, which can be nice, since they are usually one coaters, but they take a while to dry and I'm an impatient, thin coats sort of gal. The Jeweled Spider in particular seems REEEEALLY thick. Too thick.

Also, their colors always seem more subtle than I'm wanting, their shimmer/holo effects more understated than I'm expecting. When I see holo, glitter, or shifting shimmer, I'm thinking scintillating rainbow swirls to mesmerize my friends and blind my enemies with. That said, I'm sure some might find the understated holo/glimmer more sophisticated or work appropriate, so to each their own.

The Jeweled Spider itself reads as creamy black nail polish to my eyes, with a very subtle green tint when it shines. In direct sun it IS really pretty, and the dark emerald green microglitter becomes apparent. It's like what Maleficent would wear. The red shift doesn't seem to show up much to me unless I really am looking for it. Very gothy color and a nice variant on black.