Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
alterosen

Mr. Nancy's House Atmosphere Spray

Florida went on for longer than Shadow had imagined, and it was late by the time he pulled up outside a small, one-story wooden house, its windows tightly shuttered, on the outskirts of Fort Pierce. Nancy, who had directed him through the last five miles, invited him to stay the night.

“I can get a room in a motel,” said Shadow. “It’s not a problem.”

“You could do that, and I’d be hurt. Obviously I wouldn’t say anythin’. But I’d be real hurt, real bad,” said Mr. Nancy. “So you better stay here, and I’ll make you a bed up on the couch.”

Mr. Nancy unlocked the hurricane shutters, and pulled open the windows. The house smelled musty and damp, and little sweet, as if it were haunted by the ghosts of long-dead cookies.

The ghosts of long-dead cookies, whirring palmetto bugs, cigarillo smoke, and crawling things that scuttle and click.

This is delightful! Spiced cookies with a bit of citrus zest (I'm guessing lime from Mr. Nancy's cologne), & some tobacco behind giving it depth, maybe a smidge of ozone as it dries. No mustiness & not really noticing anything evoking bugs but I'm not missing them. :D

I wish I still had my decant of Mr. Nancy (Sugar cookies with bay rum, tobacco, and lime) to compare it to but I seem to recall that cookie note was less spicy & more buttery.

When I first spray this, I always think of caramel apples (with tons and tons of caramel), which I guess must be the cookies note? Then there's a cigars, hint of cigar smoke, and old wood note that's like walking into a cigar shop. The overall feel reminds me a lot of the Red Lantern room spray, which is one of my favorites. There are little hints of pleasant dustiness and cold air as well (like the scent of cold winter air following you into a warm store during winter, and a hint of frozen, green flower stems).

Caramel apples in a cigar shop full of old wood, a hint of chilled air from the outside, and a hint of frozen, green stems from a florist's fridge. If you like Red Lantern, I think you would enjoy this. It's like a gourmand tobacco with airy touches.

Cigar smoke, woody, and a note of caramel. This one is very interesting in that it smells like cigars and wood, but the sweetness makes it much more interesting.

This is a really interesting atmospheric, and I would never expect to enjoy the smell of wet green, butter, and old cigarette smoke, but I do.  

When I got my decant of this a little bit had seeped out into the package and everything smelled like buttery sugar cookies with a faint hint of cigarette.  Sort of like a smoker with freshly washed hands had given me a cookie.  Now that's its had time to settle, Mr. Nancy's House is all greenery and cigarette when it's first sprayed with no cookie in sniff.   Which makes it really odd when those cookies reappear in dry down.  They are still a faint whiff though behind the verdant greenery.  

As a Texan, I am QUITE familiar with palmetto bugs and am VERY GLAD I don't know what they smell like and do not smell them in this!  But the greenery that's present does remind me of the humid, wet kind you would find things scuttling in.  

I'll enjoy my decant of this when I want something different and somewhat masculine.  I also wonder if it might help mask the odor of real cigarette smoke, or at least make it more pleasant.  I'm not a smoker, but I know some people have a certain nostalgia for the smell, and I could see how this could be a nice, non-carcinogenic way to get it.  :)